Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Smokey P60 on Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 10:08 AM
yellowbird911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smokey P60 on Diesel

I've got a Jetcat P80 on diesel as well as a PST 1300R and a KT 140. All of mine run great on a 20:1 mix of diesel and DTE oil and recently KT oil. So after my good experience I convinced my flying buddy to switch to diesel. His PST1300r runs fine on it but the P60 smokes like a dump truck. Also does not start or run quit as smoothly, more popping. Even had a flame out and though he as only experienced one other flame out in close to 25 hours, he didn't check the ECU data so it may be unrelated. Smoke is blue not black so it seems to me that would be excess oil but may be wrong. Is the oil mix different on diesel, maybe less oil? After emptying the fuel tank and refilling with Kero mix the P60 ran perfect as usual.

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:38 PM
Jetkopter
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The smaller the motor, the smaller the fuel needles. My guess is that P60 has one fuel needle that is in marginal condition. Kerosene is atomized easier the diesel so that's why no smoke on kero