Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

P-180RXI LowTemp on startup

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 07:16 AM
kgalguften

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-180RXI LowTemp on startup

Hi, got a secondhand RXI that won't start. All tests seems fine, glow plug shines bright, everything spins etc, but after some acceleration I get the LowTemp error. So far only tested with a 3S Lipo. Have opened the front cover, nothing fried. And it doesn't seem to be flooded either.

Any hints and tips would be appreciated.

karl
Old 08-04-2015, 01:09 PM
morwan_gsm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably a faulty valve, please watch the engine from the rear side while starting the engine and see if there is flames, if the glow plug turns on and brights but no flames then you have problem either with the kerostart solinoid or the fuel pump, i dont have 180rxi by the way but most engines have same consept .
Old 08-06-2015, 11:01 AM
kgalguften

Therese are flammer for sure. Have had support by phone with JetCat Germany with no success so far. I think this one goes back to them.

Looks like this
http://youtu.be/paZgYoTd9-k

any tips are welcome!
Old 08-07-2015, 09:46 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts

Once you hear the turbine wheel rubbing, shut it down would be my first suggestion!! Allowing it to run and rub is really not good.
your video is not in focus on the mini GSU so I can't see figures to know what is happening.
there are things you could try but I would send it back as that turbine wheel needs looking at now anyway

Dave
Old 08-07-2015, 10:48 AM
kgalguften

Jep, this flamethrower is going for a checkup tomorrow.