Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > JetCat Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

P80-SE-P90 RXi -P100-RX . all silmilar thrusts whats the differences.?

Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

P80-SE-P90 RXi -P100-RX . all silmilar thrusts whats the differences.?

Old 12-05-2015, 04:46 PM
emilsanto
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P80-SE-P90 RXi -P100-RX . all silmilar thrusts whats the differences.?

hello was looking at jet cat turbines the ones listed above and they all seem to have
similar thrusts. with the 90 doing 24 and the other 22.?
whets the difference between them .?
just trying to sort it out
thanks
Old 12-07-2015, 11:54 AM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The P80-SE is the oldest and is based on the original P80 design. It used the V6 analog ECU and in time will go away. It is still used in some of the Heli engines so that is why it continues to be available.

The P90-RXi is based on the P80 but with a bit more thrust and has an internal fuel pump and fuel valves, is kero start, and uses theV10 digital ECU.

The P100-RX uses the V10 digital ECU and Is the size of the no longer available P70. It is about 8 ounces lighter for smaller models.

Those are the basic differences.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:01 PM
emilsanto
My Feedback: (39)

thank you
Old 09-16-2016, 01:51 PM
Rotax Rick

I have a new Jetcat P-90 RXi B . It ran great for 3 starts. Then for several starts after that it would accelerate to 55,000 rpm then serge from 48,000 rpm up to 60,000 rpm & shoot blue flames out the tail pipe until I would shut it down. ( I had no throttle control at alI) I sent it back to Dream Works & they said the fuel pump was bad. I got it back & it ran great for only 5 times did the same thing again. When it did run ok at first it would not run between 45,000 & 55,000 rpm. In that range it just would surge. ANY IDEAS
Old 09-16-2016, 01:59 PM
Rotax Rick

I also have a Jetcat P-300 RX I bought it used with 2 years of the warranty remaining. The fuel pump failed after only several runs. I purchased a new fuel pump & sent the defective fuel pump to Dream Works. Then after several runs it read that it was a p-20 SX. I found on this site how to change it. Every other run it would go back to saying it was the P-20 SX. I sent it to Dream Works & they programed the ECU. 5 runs & the same thing again. All my battery's are always fully charged. Now when I put power to the ECU the starter motor runs. I sent both engines top Dream Works but George is in Germany for another 1 1/2 weeks. nAny ideas why this is happening ???? THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!! RICK
Old 09-16-2016, 02:33 PM
Rotax Rick

Does anyone know if the new B series brushless fuel pumps are working ?? How long have they been out ?
Old 09-19-2016, 11:27 AM
Jetkopter
My Feedback: (1)

More than likely its a front board issue. Are you and have you been using a 3 cell ECU pack? Also if you replace a fuel pump and the firmware in the pump is older than what you took out it causes a mismatch and you will get the restore from SFB , Learn RC ect. Please observe the software version of the pump and the software version of the front board and let me know.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:33 AM
Jetkopter
My Feedback: (1)

Brushless pumps are out and working well. There 3 wire instead of two so there easy to spot when you pull the front cover. I think they have been out for almost a year. Brushless pumps have to be calibrated and I have just been informed that will be available in software version 10.4A
Old 09-30-2016, 12:17 PM
Len Todd

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I had three P-90 RXIs. None of them would start or run reliably. One disintegrated internally on its 10th flight. I went back to a 100 RX. It works reliably, after replacing the fuel pump once. (It would flameout when you pulled the throttle back to idle.). But the 100RX is doing fine now, ...knock on wood.

I have to give great credit to JC and Dreamworks for working with me towards ironing out these issues. My conclusion was the P-90 RXI was not ready for "prime time" for the first year it was sold. Bottom Line for me: I am back to never buying a first year production model,especially turbine! But, ...

The P90RXI had noticeably more thrust than the 100 RX. I kind of miss that extra boost.But, I would much rather have something that brings the airframe home in one piece every time. So I live with the 2# less thrust. One nice thing about the P-100 is it is much smaller and lighter than the 90. I did not have to use any weight in the nose at all to get a good CG on the Sprint. With the 90, I had to add about 10 ozs in the nose.