Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > JetCat Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

Old jetcat p80 help needed...

Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Old jetcat p80 help needed...

Old 05-06-2022, 11:18 AM
Ceeray

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Old jetcat p80 help needed...

Greetings everyone.
I have gotten only ground ran P80 turbine from my recently deceased friends rc cache.

Unfortunately his wife may have cleaned up his workspace too heavily and I have a lots of parts missing..

In the photo are only parts found.

I am certainly missing a pump. Those valves look weird.. maybe one circuit board is missing..

Is there any value for the turbine as I am willing to sell it but I cannot even test it now..? For someone who has the rest of the ancillaries. For sure I know it runs as my friend ran it when taking a few drinks and wanted to mess up wirh his neighbours.

Thanks for the help! And offers accepted via private message!

Old 05-06-2022, 02:17 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Two things missing, as you mentioned, pump and io board.

Nothing wrong with old tech but physically new engine, connect the GSU to it and the battery to find out how many minutes your friend run it, use it or sell it, it will make for a very nice B day present for someone 😀

There are tons of the two missing parts everywhere, post a wanted add to find them.

I'm flying my Turbinator with a P80 almost as old as the one you have, I'm happy with it and also have a P120 as old also.

Last edited by CARS II; 05-07-2022 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-06-2022, 08:20 PM
Ceeray

Ok thanks! If someone has a spare pump and i/o board please contact via pm and lets discuss about the price
Old 05-06-2022, 10:38 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 732 Likes on 528 Posts

The MPX plug lead from the turbine is not complete, that Tamiya plug should never be on any quality item!
This is a mainly US forum, you are in Europe. All the parts you need are freely available, JetCat.de site lists the pump and cable.
Old 05-07-2022, 02:03 AM
Ceeray

Ok thanks. I do not know if its worth it to buy new pump and board tho for suchban old engine...
Old 05-07-2022, 10:16 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 732 Likes on 528 Posts

Yes, there is still a profit to sell after buying parts
Old 05-07-2022, 11:45 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Tamiya

The lead with Tamiya plug does not go in the engine connector, it is a battery adapter someone made and is supposed to plug into the ECU...
Old 05-07-2022, 09:21 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Then, the engine to ECU cable is also missing.
Old 05-08-2022, 02:01 AM
Ceeray

Those cables are easy to make. Or not .

anyways, would wren 44 pump work?
Old 05-14-2022, 02:19 AM
Dave Wave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Ceeray;12726989]Those cables are easy to make. Or not .

I am pretty sure its is just a straight through. The pinout is available online.

anyways, would wren 44 pump work?

Been there, it will not work without a bunch of tinkering. Much better to spend the $230 (US) and get the proper pump. It wont work out of the box because the voltage the pump starts/ramps at is critical to proper starting. The wren pump has a different motor and hence different start point ramp. The settings for some of these adjustments are password protected in the ECU, so it cannot be changed without a password (this is where I am stuck at the moment). The JC pump is almost plug and play. The install /tune is covered in the manual.

Good motor, keep it if you want to fly jets. The only downside is that it takes a fairly large airframe given its size/weight.

-Dave