Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > JetCat Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

P-120 Battery Harness Question

Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

P-120 Battery Harness Question

Old 06-29-2022, 10:20 AM
JKEpps
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-120 Battery Harness Question

Hello all,
I've recently acquired a P120. I also have a P70. My P70 battery harness has 2 wires, however the P120 battery harness has 3 wires, red, white and black, with a red rectangular connector on one end, and green rectangular connector on the other end that connects to the ECU. I cannot find a manual online that describes how the 3 wires are connected. Can I cut the red end off and attach an EC5 connector? If so, I assume red is +, black is - but what about the white wire? Do I need to use the stock red connector? If so, where can I get the end that connects to the battery?

Thanks in advance,
-Jorden

Old 06-29-2022, 12:33 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 600 Likes on 434 Posts

No. Positive and Negative only.
Those wires are too small too if they are battery. You sure that’s not the turbine-ECU lead? Battery would have female and that is make.

D
Old 06-29-2022, 03:07 PM
JKEpps

Dave, thanks for your reply.
Here are several pics of what I have. I know I'm missing the LED board and the GSU. When I received the ECU, the wires were connected as shown. Hopefully these pics make sense.

Last edited by JKEpps; 06-29-2022 at 03:14 PM.
Old 06-29-2022, 05:16 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Non-OEM

Originally Posted by JKEpps View Post
Dave, thanks for your reply.
Here are several pics of what I have. I know I'm missing the LED board and the GSU. When I received the ECU, the wires were connected as shown. Hopefully these pics make sense.

That is a homemade battery adapter, and not supplied by Jetcat. If you look at the battery connector (green MPX) plugged into the ECU, the red & white wires are "+" and black wire is "-" (using two center pins only). I would throw that adapter in the trash and get a proper battery with MPX connector already attached, or make the proper adapter.
The following users liked this post:
JKEpps (07-01-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 05:50 PM
JKEpps

Thanks!