Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > JetCat Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

JetCat P500 starting problems

Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

JetCat P500 starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2022, 12:25 AM
camicutta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JetCat P500 starting problems

Hi
I am facing problems in starting the brand new P-500 pro engine. The latest one is heavier than the previous P-500 pro. Moreover, I need to extra prime it, only then it will give me a successful start at the start of the day. Then it gives 3-4 unsuccessful starts and then another successful start. I am unable to understand, whats wrong. Usually the rpm stays between 4000 to 4500 and then the engine is unable to accelerate more and fails to start giving an error of low acceleration. In few successful starts, the starting EGT suddenly rose to above 700 or 800 as well (probably due to over priming the fuel). Anyone please help?
Old 11-29-2022, 09:16 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts

What fuel tank system? Include pick up information inside the tank. What fuel and turbine oil? What ECU battery are you using?