Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

V-10 ecu problem

Old 12-02-2022, 12:15 PM
Captainbob
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-10 ecu problem

I have a T-45 Hawk with a P-140 with internal fuel pump and fuel control. Recently i had to rebuild the Hawk program in my TX. Went normal except for the throttle control (didnt work). I suspected i needed to re-teach the throttle limits to the ECU. But i can't get through the procedure, somewhere around "set throttle to max."......the handheld unit locks up. I'm using the throttle/trim start procedure not the aux switch.
The message on the GSU says.........."overcurrent"...... Please help.
Old 12-02-2022, 03:17 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 600 Likes on 434 Posts

1st with everything plugged in and switch on, if you hit the spool button does the turbine spin over? Over Current is exactly what it says, but it means something is (or thinks) it’s drawing 20-30A !
Normally it’s the red/yellow/black cable, I presume it’s got the yellow end with 90 degree plug? If not order new leads and toss the original in the trash
Old 12-03-2022, 08:17 AM
Captainbob
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave, the engine spins normally when spool button is pushed.
Old 12-03-2022, 10:13 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 600 Likes on 434 Posts

OK, makes no sense the Rc side would show over current.
The throttle patch lead is good? Definitely plugged cleanly into the three pins for throttle on the ECU?