Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

P120 OC: Acc Slow

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Fighting Falcon
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P120 OC: Acc Slow

My 13 hour P-120 has developed a problem that makes turbine starts unreliable. When this happens I get occasional popping sounds. Eventually the engine shuts down the starting phase followed by the Off Condition Acc Slow.
I just noticed that I need to replace te starter Oring since it was slipping onto the nut. I wonder if it might be the problem since when it started to show those symptoms I set the pump starting voltage to a higher value and it seemed to have gotten better. However, yesterday i could not get the engine to start.
I Appreciate your help
Old 06-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Craig B.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: P120 OC: Acc Slow

What sort of pickup/filter do you have in your header tank? I am wondering if you filter has become blocked, creating resistance to fuel delivery.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Fighting Falcon

No filter just a clunk. I am using jetcat Original filter between pump and solenoid. Just Back flushed it even though It was clean . Pump test runs fine and fuel drips at tubing end at a "good" rate.
I have been reading previous related posts and have to try some of the things that have worked for some of us with the same issue.
It looks like Plug, gas flow and pump start voltage are all related factors to the problem. I will change the starter oring (got worn) and start testing one by one each of these factors.

Thanks for your input

Regards, Jose E. Lopez
Old 06-05-2007, 02:37 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Jose,

Make sure you are using a new can of PowerMax as well. You can also clean the o-ring before you change it to see if that helps.

Let me know how your investigations go.

Regards,

Old 06-08-2007, 08:06 AM
Fighting Falcon

LISTO!!! (DONE!!!)

Changed the O ring, changed the plug (had an OS A3, replaced by a Rossi), Increased the plug voltage to 2.3 v, lowered the pump starting voltage to the default setting.

I came to the conclusion that last night was the first time I saw a good starting sequence in my turbine. Started it twice
and both of them were BEAUTIFUL!!!