Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

p-70 and li-po ecu battery

Old 10-02-2008, 06:44 PM
seflyer
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p-70 and li-po ecu battery

is using atwo cell li-po as easy as resetting battery type and using a two cell pack, I would like to use a 2600 mah 20c batt in place of the 6 cell nicad. thanks Kevin
Old 10-02-2008, 08:17 PM
georbeckha

Default RE: p-70 and li-po ecu battery

Hiya Kevin,

I changed over from the 6 cell 1250Mah NiCd ECU pack supplied with my P60 to a 2 cell 25C 4800Mah LiPo and all I had to do was to change from NiCd to 2 cell LiPo in the ECU. I did have some issues however with burning glow plugs out after just one start on the LiPo but reducing the Glow plug power a little (I think it is currently on 1.3v or 1.2v or thereabouts) before I could get more than the one start out of the plug.

Hope this helps
George
Old 10-02-2008, 09:37 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: seflyer

is using atwo cell li-po as easy as resetting battery type and using a two cell pack, I would like to use a 2600 mah 20c batt in place of the 6 cell nicad. thanks Kevin

Hi Kevin,

You can just drop a 2 cell LiPo in without changing anything, if you are not using low battery warning (which is defaulted "off" in the production ECUs.

I am about to answer your PM, I was out of town for a week for a wedding)

REgards,

Old 10-02-2008, 09:56 PM
seflyer

Thanks Matt. Are you going to Woodland?

Kevin
Old 10-05-2008, 11:18 PM
seflyer

installed a 7.4 4400mah li-po battery, made three flights yesterday, all good and about 7 minutes each, charge took around 450mah to top off.

made six flights today and battery took 996 mah to peak, each flight was around 7 minutes and three starts, hot fuel between each pair of flights. the way I see it I could get 18-20 7 minute flights if the discharge stays the same. what would a typical flight use in milliamps using mixed throttle settings be?

thanks Kevin