Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > JetCat Turbine Direct Support
Reload this Page >

120SX shooting flames on start

Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

120SX shooting flames on start

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 05:43 PM
kkling77
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 120SX shooting flames on start

I have a new 120SX (only about 7 flights on it) that is shooting a couple of flames out during start up. Could somebody tell me what I need to change so this will not continue happening. I'm guessing there is a setting to reduce initial fuel flow during start(?) I'm new to jets so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:47 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 120SX shooting flames on start

any kerosene start will shoot short warm (yellow) flames on start up.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:04 PM
kkling77
My Feedback: (16)

Okay, thanks for the heads up. Still new to the jet game so I wasn't sure if this was normal or not.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:25 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can reduce the amount of flame comming out to practically nothing by following the instructions in the manual for priming the kero start fuel line, as the 120SX pump breaks in you may have to adjust this again to ensure you only get a couple of drips of fuel comming out of the start line every second or so, this has worked on my 120SX to prevent flaming, but as KC says you will always get some small flame out of the turbine during the start up phase, but it should only be small.

Mike
Old 08-08-2010, 01:12 PM
rcand

I would call Bob Wilcox or Scott and see what they say. My 160sx does not have any flame on the start, none that I have noticed.