Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Futaba vs. Spektrum....

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 12:47 PM
mobaddawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba vs. Spektrum....

I have a U-Can-Do 3D .46 I would like to put a AR-6200 in. I do not have a AR-6200 though. I have a Futaba R617FS 7ch RX From a 2.4 T6EX. The 617 was in a Zlin Z-50 that went down on some type of 2.4 interference. I would like know which would be a better choice for my U-Can-Do. I like my DX6-i WAYYY Better than my Futaba T6EX. Which is a better company?Should I get a AR-6200 or use the R617FS?
Thanks
Old 04-21-2011, 12:59 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts
Default RE: Futaba vs. Spektrum....

The only thing you're going to get is brand loyaltay.

Pick one, they will both fly your plane.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:34 PM
radius1x1

You can't beat the techsupport from Spektrum/Horizon. When I got into bomb drops, flaps, twin engines,and retracts; the techsupport was exceptional. Both radios are great but great flying takes a lot of knowledge about radio set-up. In this regard, Spektrum wins handsdown.
Also; I do a lot of indoor flying during the dark months and the "micro fleet" needs the Spektrum system. You will get a lot more use out of the spektrum. It's not about brand-loyalty, it's about bang 4 da buck!!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:49 AM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

You should use your best equipment. Since you already have both radios, I would buy a 6200 and use the DX6i. It is a nicer radio than the T6EX. If your other Rx experienced interference and was involved in a crash, I would not use that Rx again unless it was sent in for service, at which point it will still have the history of being in a crash. Personally, I would buy a new RX regardless of which Transmitter I was going to use, which brings us back to the "Use your best equipment" advice.
Use the crashed RX as a doorstop or for an RC car.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:52 AM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: radius1x1
I do a lot of indoor flying during the dark months and the ''micro fleet'' needs the Spektrum system. You will get a lot more use out of the spektrum. It's not about brand-loyalty, it's about bang 4 da buck!!
I agree, however, he already has the DX6i, and deciding which radio to use for his current project has nothing to do with BNF airplanes. Step away from the Kool-aid
Old 04-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Bill Vargas
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Choose the radio that will do what you want it to do,,, research and have the $$$ on hand for when you find the deal that fits your needs

BV
Old 04-22-2011, 10:14 PM
TAS Flyer

ORIGINAL: mobaddawg

I have a U-Can-Do 3D .46 I would like to put a AR-6200 in. I do not have a AR-6200 though. I have a Futaba R617FS 7ch RX From a 2.4 T6EX. The 617 was in a Zlin Z-50 that went down on some type of 2.4 interference. I would like know which would be a better choice for my U-Can-Do. I like my DX6-i WAYYY Better than my Futaba T6EX. Which is a better company?Should I get a AR-6200 or use the R617FS?
Thanks

You have answered your own question. If you like the DX6-i better, then use it and stick with it. Spektrum is a good product. I can't comment on Futaba gear because I don't use it (but I am sure it too is a good product).

In our club, and a lot of other clubs in Australia that I have seen, JR/Spektrum out numbers Futaba by a big margin. JR/Spektrum accounts for more than 90% use in our club of 50 members.

If it works for you, then that is the determining logic in the end.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:15 PM
radius1x1

Hey Dorff, You never flew a heli indoors or a 3D indoors? The DX7/8 has a lot more mixing potential and room for growth. If Dawg is building a "U CAN DO", he will absolutley see the benefits of the Spektrum. That being said, the intracacies of mixing can sometimes be daunting, a good tech support team is essential. The guys at horizon are supperb at techsupport AND they listen! The learning curve for radio set-up can be steep and having the answers as close as the nearest phone is golden.
I'll stay away from the coolaid if you keep your head out of the ground; you'll find that the plane is much easier to see!
Old 04-30-2011, 03:03 PM
mobaddawg

Wow, I started to hook this up today and found out I had the wrong AR-6200. I bound it and it worked perfect! I ordered a DSM2 AR-6200 but I got sent a DSMX version. It worked great with my DSM2 DX6-i.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:41 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

They will bind in DSM2 mode and work fine
Old 04-30-2011, 03:44 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mobaddawg

Wow, I started to hook this up today and found out I had the wrong AR-6200. I bound it and it worked perfect! I ordered a DSM2 AR-6200 but I got sent a DSMX version. It worked great with my DSM2 DX6-i.
All DSMX receivers work in DSM2 mode with DSM2 transmitters. No reason to make DSM2 receivers.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:29 AM
PipeMajor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber
All DSMX receivers work in DSM2 mode with DSM2 transmitters. No reason to make DSM2 receivers.
Probably the reason they don't sell any DSM2 RX anymore.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:07 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Exactly - no need to make DSM2-only when DSMX ones work in both modes.

Andy