Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 10X question.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Doomking
My Feedback: (38)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JR 10X question.

I noticed that the new generation of JR radios 9503, 11x, 12x they all went to the original wheel for scrolling through the menus, unlike the 10x which had a touch screen.
I was wondering if there is a real reasons for JR to no longer using the touch screen format.
Any ideas comments regarding that?

I am in the market for a 10x Air radio and I would like to know if there are any issue with the touch screen or menus.

All the help is appreciated it.

Thanks

Fabio
Old 04-25-2011, 06:22 PM
tadawson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR 10X question.

The only issue that I find with the 10X touch screen is that once you use it, you realize how bad the rollers suck! Oh, and the 10X screen is not sealed to moisture, so you need to keep it dry . . .

- Tim
Old 05-03-2011, 05:39 PM
grizzly59

Tim,
I felt pretty much like you. I had two 10X's and used the 10X for 8 years. Thought touch screen was the only way a transmitter should be. I bought an 11X and it is faster in setting up a plane. The My List feature makes this so. Also the screen is clearer and the new features make it pretty special. When I sold the 10X's I thought I screwed up. I will never look back. The 11X seems soIfar to be as bullet proof as the 10X. So if you ever consider moving away from the 10X I think you would not regret going to an 11X. Just my opinion as one moving from a 10X to an 11X.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:04 PM
tadawson

I have considered an 11X, but would have to get it grey market, since I *REFUSE* to be crippled by Horizon's non-modular *******ization of the 11X . . . And all the support games they play if you don't buy from them have pretty much caused me to pull back from that option . . . at least until my 10X's quit and I can't get them serviced . . . at this point, I really have no reason to change, other than the novelty of a new radio.

- Tim