Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Is this a software problem on my DSX11

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 11:16 AM
ntsmith

Location: Bishop\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'s Stortford,
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a software problem on my DSX11

I purchased this about a week ago and I is very happy. The only problem I had was when I tried to fir a 1GB SD card. It just would not allow anything to be saved with it. However it did with the one that was in use with my Spektrum DX8 so that was easily cured. I just swapped over but it is still a mystery why they wont work the other way around.
My problem concerns the fact that the info on the tx says that I do not have to switch on and off any longer to get into and out off the system and function pages. Great, since the model select is on the System page. I can now change models without turning off and back on. It gives the option to turn off the RF and then allows the change. - Except for one small problem. I have the throttle set so the timer 1 is the count down timer for when it is above about 15% and the second timer as a stop watch to give the overall time elapsed on the flight. If I change the model the timer starts as though the throttle stick was at the top and it operates the otehr way round. That is to say by giving full throttle the timers are stopped and low throttle starts them, so I have to turn the TX off then on and the timers revert to normal. All models have the same throttle/timer/switch settings. Is this a known problem with the software or have I not set something correctly.
Hope you can help and I look forward ro some ideas.
regards
Nigel
Old 08-05-2011, 02:58 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: Is this a software problem on my DSX11

Hi Nigel,

Glad to hear you like the radio.

On the SD issue - the SD card needs to be formatted (check on a PC), not write-protected (little slider on the side), and the root directory can't be full (lots of files). We tested using cards from 64M (yes, Meg!) up to 32G. While unlikely, it's possible that there's an SD card out there that just isn't compatible. Try another card (empty preferred) to start and please let me know what happens. I usually get PMs quicker than coming here, if you need it quickly.

On the timer issue, when you're on the main screen you can reset your timer by pressing the CLEAR button. The DX8 only has 1 programmable timer. What's the second one you're talking about? The internal time just counts total usage of a model, it's always running, and it doesn't make any alarms.

Andy
Old 08-05-2011, 11:19 PM
ntsmith

Location: Bishop\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'s Stortford,

My DX8 works perfectly and the SD card that wont work on my DSX11 but not the other way around.
My main problem is with my new DSX11 which has this strange timer behaviour when I change models. I thought that there was not supposed to be a need to turn it off and on after a change made to model but with this problem I have to. The timer issue is with the DSX11 and you seem to have got confused with my DX8 (which has one only) My fault as I confused everything. I have timer one (this is on the DSX11) set as a count down timer and timer two set as a stop watch for overall flight time. The lower portion of the throttle movement causes the timers not to operate and the main part (above idle) causes them to run. If I change to another model it reverses. IE the timer runs when it should stop and tops when it should run. If in idle when the change of model is made the timers are running after the model change. A complete reversal. Is it because of the way in which the switch on the throttle is set or is it a software problem?
Hope this clarifies the problem.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:18 AM
ntsmith

SORTED.
In one model the stick position was set to high and in the other it was low. changed them to be the same and its all OK. I can now change models and not turn off then on my tx. Not sure if that is now longer advisable though !
Thanks for the help anyway. Its appreciated.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:07 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

That's a feature called Direct Model Access. We put it in because WE wanted to use it!

Andy
Old 08-09-2011, 06:18 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

That was/is the most annoying thing about the 9's

I hate turning off the radio to access the system menu.