Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Need more channels? Suggestions please....

Old 08-09-2011, 03:38 AM
blue77
My Feedback: (178)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need more channels? Suggestions please....

I just recently bought a new Spektrum 8 channel and several receivers...I think I screwed up, my main interest is warbirds so I need...2 channels for ailerons, 2 channels for elevators, 1 for rudder, 1 for flaps, 1 for gear 1 for throttle and 1 for engine kill...that adds up to 9...any option other than a new transmitter? any suggestions? Thanks
Old 08-09-2011, 03:50 AM
telejojo

Default RE: Need more channels? Suggestions please....

I fly Futaba you can get a 14 channel rec. but you can still make it work with y's on your ail.you have to config. flaps so you can use a y I have alot of warbirds and that's the way I do it if I can but sometimes I use the 14 ch. rec. but it's like 170.00
Old 08-09-2011, 04:44 AM
ntsmith

Location: Bishop\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'s Stortford,

Use a y lead on the elevators and if needed another on the ailerons. Rarely do you need a seperate channel for elevators. At least it will give you two more channels to play with.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:12 AM
blue77
My Feedback: (178)

I just happened to think about using Matchboxes...can I use match boxes on the elevators and/or ailerons? B7
Old 08-09-2011, 05:20 AM
AndyKunz

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Yup. They're like a "smart" Y-cable.

Andy
Old 08-09-2011, 05:23 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts

You can. Personally I'd use Hitec programable servos, you can use a Y cable and set the center, direction, and throw of each servo with the programmer.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:00 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: blue77

I just recently bought a new Spektrum 8 channel and several receivers...I think I screwed up, my main interest is warbirds so I need...2 channels for ailerons, 2 channels for elevators, 1 for rudder, 1 for flaps, 1 for gear 1 for throttle and 1 for engine kill...that adds up to 9...any option other than a new transmitter? any suggestions? Thanks
I have an H9 P47-150 I have been flying for 4 years. It has Dual Ailerons, Dual Flaps, Dual Elevators, Dual Retract Servos, Rudder, Throttle, and Fiber Optic Kill. I used a Reversing Y on my Flaps, but the Reversed Flap servo jittered every time I started the engine, I replaced the Flap servos and extensions, but the same side still jittered. I switched to a Matchbox and the problem went away.

I use a Matchbox on Flaps and Elevators. I use Mixed Channels for Aileron and Gear. My 9303 allows me to Delay one Main Gear, so the Gear goes up in a scale fashion. If I had an 11X, I would not need Matchboxes.

I have had many instances, over the years, where Y Harnesses have had to be replaced because servos were behaving wierdly and bouncing every time I moved the sticks. Also, the Reversed side of a Reversing Y tends to drift off of Neutral every couple of flights. This is noticeable with Dual Flaps and Dual Elevators. These problems were noticed not only on my aircraft, but those belonging to others, as well.