Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR12X replacemnt??

Old 08-20-2011, 01:49 PM
jtlittle
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR12X replacemnt??

Any news when a new top of the line transmitter is coming. Thinking of buying a 12X would hate to have the new version show up a month later.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:50 PM
slarty

Default RE: JR12X replacemnt??

Unlikely, JR are concentrating on DMSS at the moment and the next beast to put in an appearance will be the XG11. Then probably an XG9, I know they where looking at a 16 channel system some years ago but that seems to have been put on the back burner.

I doubt if JR are going to produce any new DSM based systems (that's JR Japan by the way).

But our Japanese friends do have a tendency to surprise us all every now and then.....
Old 08-21-2011, 01:03 PM
tadawson

Considering that the 12X was not designed by JR as a DSM system, but rather a modular system, that logic makes no sense . . . It was Horizon that asked JR to convolute the US 12X into a DSM only radio . . . the rest of the planet got the vastly superior modular version that can run any module/RF deck that they should choose to build for it. As such, an evolution of the 12X on the new JR RF section would be pretty trivial . . . .

- Tim
Old 08-21-2011, 02:51 PM
slarty

the rest of the planet got the vastly superior modular version that can run any module/RF deck that they should choose to build for it
Ermm almost correct, the rest of the world has a choice, we can get either version... dedicated DSX12 (without the DSMX option) or PCM12X with the module option.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:28 AM
tadawson

At least you *get* the choice! Horizon decided to drop the modular here . . . apparently, they didn't think we had enough mental firepower to master the process of choice . . .

- Tim