Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX8 Gimbal failure

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 05:00 AM
tlroliff
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX8 Gimbal failure

During a flight last night, I felt and heard a little "click" and all the sudden had all kinds of issues with elevator. The stick now goes to full up when released. We took the back off the TX and it looks like a plastic piece that holds some kind of stop pin is broken so the stick no longer centers and goes to full up. The radio is only a bit over a year old. Anyone had this issue?

Obviously it will need to go in so I am also wondering about turn-around time for repairs. Naturally it is the meat of the flying season. In the next couple of weeks things are going to really get going and I have plans to attend events several weeks in a row-and no radio. (Which is making me re-think the lack of a spare TX!)

Thanks.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:56 AM
kevenoco
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DX8 Gimbal failure

Turnaround times at Horizon are very quick. I returned my DX8 to replace the gimbal potentiometer with 7 working day turnaround not including shipping time. Call horizon to get the current estimated time.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:33 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Default RE: DX8 Gimbal failure

Here's how you know the current turn-around time:

http://servicecenter.horizonhobby.com/

Andy