Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

should I ditch my Rx?

Old 08-17-2012, 08:15 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default should I ditch my Rx?

Hi,

I have a veteran R92124 reciever that was working great last weekend but now I'm not so sure. Nothing has changed in my setup.

I cannot get it to bind without a sattelite installed. If I install a satellite, I can bind it and then remove the satellite and it works just fine. I typically fly with one sattelite at least. The binding LED's are steady orange when I bind it without the sattelite, but it will not work.

I have it installed on a new jet, so I will ditch it if need to, but I'm not 100% sure. Power is a Duralite A123 2300, which is new and has been working great to. No other equipment installed besides regular switch harness and servos.

Thanks,
David
Old 08-17-2012, 08:27 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: should I ditch my Rx?

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

Hi,

I have a veteran R92124 reciever that was working great last weekend but now I'm not so sure. Nothing has changed in my setup.

I cannot get it to bind without a sattelite installed. If I install a satellite, I can bind it and then remove the satellite and it works just fine. I typically fly with one sattelite at least. The binding LED's are steady orange when I bind it without the sattelite, but it will not work.

I have it installed on a new jet, so I will ditch it if need to, but I'm not 100% sure. Power is a Duralite A123 2300, which is new and has been working great to. No other equipment installed besides regular switch harness and servos.

Thanks,
David
If you are talking about the JR R921 receiver, I have several of them and they require the Satellite Rx to be connected in order to Bind. This is the same Rx as the Spektrum AR9000.

http://www.jrradios.com/Products/Def...ProdID=JRPR921

As with other JR and Spektrum Rx's that require one or more Satellite Rx's, the main Rx will continue to work if the Satellite becomes disconnected or is broken, but you will not be able to use the main Rx after it is powered Off and On again unless you reattach at least one Satellite Rx and most likely ReBind.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:27 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow, thanks. I had no idea.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:50 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 339 Likes on 271 Posts

Why would you want to remove the satalite after you bind it?