Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX 7 troubles

Old 08-31-2012, 12:41 PM
OuttaControl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX 7 troubles

Guys I have a DX 7. My problem is when I turn the tx on and the rx, it binds ok but I cannot get my servos to move. They just chatter very fast. I've binded it several times and no luck. I've never programmed a radio for a plane so is it possible I have INH something in the radio or something needs to be turned on? Any help would be appreciated. I made sure that I had my radio on the correct model when I did the bind.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:40 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts
Default RE: DX 7 troubles

Let me first establish whether you're binding or linking.

I appologize in advance if any of this is old had but its your first post and I have no way to gauge your experience level.

Binding is the process of using the bind plug (rx) and bind button (tx) to pair them. After that you remove the bind plug.

Now when you power up the system you're linking a system that you previously bound. Seems you know about model match so we won't get into that.

Another thing you may or may not know is that you should be a couple of feet away when you're linking, and if you're having trouble make sure to step away from metal shelving, metal table tops, and or pickup truck beds or the like.

If after that you're still having issues, remove all servos and see if the system links up with solid lights. Then power down both and add servos one at a time and see if you have a servo or something shorted.

While troubleshooting remove anything from the reciever end but a battery and servos. No extensions, switches, or speed controllers and make sure the reciever battery is fully charged.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:01 PM
AndyKunz

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Make sure you have all the remote receivers attached to the base. If you don't, it won't be telling the servos what the transmitter is saying. It's part of the failsafe mechanism.

Andy
Old 08-31-2012, 06:37 PM
OuttaControl

I'm trying to trouble shoot it now. I'll try the servos one at a time. Also my motor (Neodym NEO 450-1120) starts beeping as soon as I connect it to my esc. (Neodym NAO-40A ESC). It beeps wether the esc is hooked to my rx or not. I've never heard a brushless motor beep before. If the esc wasnt getting signal from the esc would it also cause my servos to not work?
Old 08-31-2012, 07:02 PM
OuttaControl

I've just tried the rx by itself. It doesnt matter what servos I try, nothing works. The rx is an AR7000. The lights come on solid and all but nothing happens.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:12 PM
OuttaControl

Well I figured it out. It was a combination of a bad esc. and a bad rx. It really had me pulling my hair for a minute. thanks guys.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:58 PM
BarracudaHockey

ORIGINAL: OuttaControl

Well I figured it out. It was a combination of a bad esc. and a bad rx. It really had me pulling my hair for a minute. thanks guys.
Our pleasure. I'm glad that didn't happen to me, I can't spare any!
Old 09-01-2012, 11:53 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does your DX7 have the 11 Ms fast rate available?
Perhaps there is a compatibility with the servos.
A typical analog servo expects to see a 20-22Ms rate

Old 09-02-2012, 04:14 AM
BarracudaHockey

Nope