Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 11X2.4 Version 2 Update

Old 12-30-2012, 09:44 AM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default JR 11X2.4 Version 2 Update

On Horizon’s web site, http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/JRP1...m-10-06-10.pdf there is a link to the version 0002-0100 update of the 11X2.4. It brings the firmware nearly up to the XG11 level. Make sure your transmitter battery is charged and you have copied your models to the SD card before updating. The update will wipe out the models in the normal memory and inhibit some of the functions of those written on the SD. This is likely necessary as there are some definite differences between version 1 and 2 firmware.

I’ve done the update on my transmitter and it is worth it.

Allan

Old 01-04-2013, 09:31 AM
AWorrest

Default RE: JR 11X2.4 Version 2 Update

The link I originally posted has been discontinued. The surest way to find the current link is to log onto Horizon web site, Search for the 11X 2.4 transmitter and open the Manuals & Support tab.

Allan

Old 01-04-2013, 09:44 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/JR_1...are_Update.pdf

LOL good grief, they changed it again!
Old 05-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Boom Operator
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can any one help? I need to know has anyone done the XG11 download to the 11X 2.4? They recommend it on the Horizon web site so it will make the JR 11X more like the XG11 and a much better radio. If anyone has done this, has affected in any negative way and would you recommend it or leave the JR 11X alone?
Old 05-09-2013, 12:19 AM
AWorrest

Boom,

LOL, did you read the first post with which I started this thread? Yes, I’ve done it and glad that I did! If you are 100% happy with version one, you should study the XG11 manual and see if there is anything new that interest you. Some of the menus were expanded. If you aren’t going to use any of the new features, you will have to wade through extra pages. For example, the D/R&EXPO menu is now four pages. The only updated version one function that will give you more trouble is the Stick Position Switch. It is not as intuitive as before but a lot more flexible and usable.

Somevery good pilots have little interest in transmitter programming. For them, version one has more than enough features to keep them happy.However, ifversion one's limitations chafe you, then you should go for version two.

Allan

Old 05-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Boom Operator
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Allan and no I don't bother reading prior threads. (JOKE) I am just concerened that if I wanted an XG11 and not an 11X 2.4 I would have bought one. I understand with this update you have an XG11 with DSM2 and DSMX protocols. I will turn my 11X Zero into DMSS with JRs' telemetry someday.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:32 PM
AWorrest

I haven’t run across anything you can do with version one that you can’t do with version two. One of the better features of version two is the expanded timer switch option. It doesn’t appear in the XG11 manual as it was an XG11 upgrade after the manual was published. For the start and stop timer switches, instead of the limited choice in version one, there are now the same options you would have for the select switches in any other mix.

Version one had the rudimentary beginnings of the TRIM IN flight feature. To use it, you had to be on the ground to turn this feature on and off. The version one manual failed to explain what this feature was and how to use it. With version two, the feature can be turned on and off while in the air. Also, version two has TRIM IN in the ACRO’s FLAP SYSTEM, DIFFERENTIAL and GYRO SEN menus. I can’t recall if version one had this feature in any menu other than FLAP SYSTEM.

Version two also gives you more rates, flight modes, and switch position switches.

Allan