Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX7 using Mix switch to operate Gear Channel

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 03:12 PM
lcarron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7 using Mix switch to operate Gear Channel

Hello,

My gear switch is configured to operate the ignition on the gear channel of my DX7. Instead I want to use the Mix switch but did not manage to setup the right mix to do it.

Can somebody help me.

Thanks
Old 01-05-2013, 01:07 AM
Aerocal

Default RE: DX7 using Mix switch to operate Gear Channel

Being that the DX7(original) doesnt have a "Mix" switch Im going out on a limb and assuming you mean DX7S.
If so then go to System Setup and then Switch Select menu and set Gear to Inh and then set Mix to Gear(reassign Gear channel from Gear to Mix).
Old 01-05-2013, 07:48 AM
lcarron

Yes I'm referring to the Dx7 not the S. The name of the switch is Mix Rudder D/R located on the right top corner.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:06 PM
Red Baron Gary
My Feedback: (59)

Take a hard look at the manual. You may be able to do switch assignment in the initial programming set ups. That is, the programming you do with the radio off, where you chose aircraft type, wing type, etc.

I had to go into one of the menus to get my flap switch to function.

Gary
Old 01-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Aerocal

ORIGINAL: lcarron

Yes I'm referring to the Dx7 not the S. The name of the switch is Mix Rudder D/R located on the right top corner.

Ok.Yes on an Air version radio you are correct.Its been awhile.Im more used to the Heli version.Anyway... What are the endpoint values you are using on the gear channel for the ignition?
Its been awhile since I used mine.Ill have to drag it out and play with the mixes to see if I can come up with what you want.
Right off the top of my head first you need a Gear>Gear mix of -100/-100 to disable the gear switch from the channel.Then I think you will need to create a second mix of Gear>Gear assigned to the Mix switch and set values.I kind of remember having issues trying to do this some time back.I dont recall if I got it to work then.I kind of remember only being able to move the value over half the channel that way.I might not remember it right.Its been awhile.
If you can tell me the values on the gear channel for Off and On ignition Ill play with it and see what I can come up with.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:37 PM
lcarron

ORIGINAL: Aerocal

ORIGINAL: lcarron

Ok.Yes on an Air version radio you are correct.Its been awhile.Im more used to the Heli version.Anyway... What are the endpoint values you are using on the gear channel for the ignition?
Its been awhile since I used mine.Ill have to drag it out and play with the mixes to see if I can come up with what you want.
Right off the top of my head first you need a Gear>Gear mix of -100/-100 to disable the gear switch from the channel.Then I think you will need to create a second mix of Gear>Gear assigned to the Mix switch and set values.I kind of remember having issues trying to do this some time back.I dont recall if I got it to work then.I kind of remember only being able to move the value over half the channel that way.I might not remember it right.Its been awhile.
If you can tell me the values on the gear channel for Off and On ignition Ill play with it and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the tips of the two mixes. I was able to set it up it but honestly not very easy.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Aerocal

Very good.It is a bit outdated but still a good radio.You have to think like Rube Goldberg to make it do what you want though.
The new generation of mid level DX radios(7s&8) are a huge step forward in ease of programming.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:01 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just bought a like new DX7 TX. How do I know if I got a old version or newer version? It has a rocker switch to select data inputs on the bottom left of TX. Is it a good radio??? Thanks
Old 03-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

They now have a DX7s. The DX7s has telemetry capability and a SD Card Slot. I assume you got just a DX7, which is a good radio. However, if you are flying Giant's with it, 7 channels could be a show-stopping limitation. Also, If you want to use telemetry to see Engine Temps, RPM, Rxer Voltage, etc read out on the transmitter, then you do not want a DX7. A DX7s or DX8 would be what you were looking for to get these features. Of course you could drop a lot of $s and get a DX18 and not have any limits, until they come out with the next new model.

They just had a DX7 sale and threw in a couple extra Rxers to get rid of the older model. One of my club members just bought one. So far he likes it.

I am not sure how you would check the software version on DX7. On a DX8, that info is found in the System Setting screen. I am not sure how you would update a DX7. I know my DX6i was stuck with what was on it. The DX6i does NOT have an SD Card Slot. If your DX7 has a SD Card slot, you can get the latest rev software from
www.Spektrumrc.com.

I know when I got my second DX8 a few months ago, it was three software revs old.

Anyway, the reason I posted was I do not think I have met you. I go thru Hesperia all the time. I live up in Baldwin. Are you flying with Port City RC or TailTwisters?

Old 03-10-2013, 12:16 PM
captinjohn

Len, I fly with the Tail Twisters but may join the Port City club later this summer. Do you remember Al Dorr from Baldwin? He was a great Guy who built many very nice big airplanes.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:47 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

I just bought a like new DX7 TX. How do I know if I got a old version or newer version? It has a rocker switch to select data inputs on the bottom left of TX. Is it a good radio??? Thanks
You have a DX7. The DX7s uses a roller like our other computer radios. What you have is good, but a bit dated and limited to DSM2 unless you get it upgraded to DSMX.

The DX7s can be updated by you with just an SD card and an internet connection.

Andy
Old 03-10-2013, 05:55 PM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: AndyKunz

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

You have a DX7. The DX7s uses a roller like our other computer radios. What you have is good, but a bit dated and limited to DSM2 unless you get it upgraded to DSMX.

The DX7s can be updated by you with just an SD card and an internet connection.

Andy
How much $$ for the upgrade???? Any Idea.....Thanks
Old 03-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Len Todd

The upgrade is free. Go to the Spektrum site and register the DX7. Then search around for the link to the upgrade. Then download it to your computer. Transfer the upgrade to the Transmitter using the SD card.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:27 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Len Todd

The upgrade is free. Go to the Spektrum site and register the DX7. Then search around for the link to the upgrade. Then download it to your computer. Transfer the upgrade to the Transmitter using the SD card.
There is no SD card in a DX7, just the DX7S.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Aerocal

He is talking about the DSMX upgrade for the DX7(original).It is 75$.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Aerocal

[/quote]
[/quote]

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...only-SPMDX7UPG
Old 03-11-2013, 05:20 AM
Len Todd

Origonally, I thought I did not see a card slot on my friend's DX7. Then, I guess I got misslead. by missreading what Andy wrote. Glad you guys caught that. At least we got someone who knows to finally chime in.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:21 PM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: Aerocal
[/quote]

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...only-SPMDX7UPG
[/quote]
Got error code 404............
Old 03-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Len Todd

The price for a DSM2 to DSMX upgrade is on the page you linked to. $75.00

What do you mean you got error code 404? When did you get it? Does it clear when you shut if off and back on? Is the battery fully charged?

If you are getting an error code, you probably are going to have to send it back to Horizon Hobby. Then., I would get it upgraded. Otherwise I would not bother with it, if you can get past getting the error code.

I would PM Andy Kuntz and ask him what the error code means.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:17 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

404 is a HTTP's "page not found" error.

The link worked great for me. It might differ if you're trying to use a mobile.

Andy
Old 03-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Len Todd

The link worked for me also.I thought he was telling us he got an arror code 404 on the DX7. Different minds = different paths. But, your explantion make more sense, Andy.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:12 AM
captinjohn

How is the weather in Michigan shaping up? Too windy to fly here in Florida lately? Thanks Capt,n
Old 03-27-2013, 11:03 AM
Len Todd

Headed out to the Airport for some stick time today. I have bare asphalt and grass runways. I flew at the Grand Vallet RC Fly-In Saturday (Nunica, MI). That field is also free of snow. Today's temps are 44-46 in the shade. However we have full sun today. Winds are 5-10 MPH. Time to fly.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:14 PM
captinjohn

Heading home tomorrow....hope the roads stay clear. 1375 miles..........pray we make it OK!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Len Todd

We'll have to get together for an eyeball meeting. Be safe! Take no chances. There are a lot of dummies heading to and from spring break.