Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

dx6i dropping control mid flight, just a few q's

Old 10-08-2013, 08:37 PM
e-sailpilot86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dx6i dropping control mid flight, just a few q's

I bought a dx6i for micro models, bought a night vapor. Anyway, I cant go a flight without losing all control, restarting the radio, and then I get control again. Crashed several times, of course no damage possible, even in a dive. Horizon said to send it in, I'll do that. However.....

Even though I bought it a week ago, due to human error, Ive lost the receipt. Still looking for it. And this radio was not listed on the recall list. Manufacture date is '12. Looks like I'll be paying shipping and repairs? Ill just call them up unless horizon chimes in here.

Aside from that, anything known about this issue? I fly in a moderated sized backyard, no interference. Any simple errors I may be making before I make the run to ups?

Definately like it because of the tiny receivers. Noone else makes them as small with the tiny connectors and tiny servos.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:59 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

i think you got a bad Tx. Way back few serial no. Tx had issues. i have 2 without any problems. cheers V.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:29 AM
thailazer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What receivers are you using?
Old 10-09-2013, 03:11 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

I have 2 Spectrum 6 ch but I fly most of my planes with HK orange Rx, all work fine.
The only concern is the voltage drop, if you use 6v it's a non issue :-)
Old 10-09-2013, 10:28 AM
e-sailpilot86

I am using whatever dsm2 all in one brick comes with the night vapor. I think I'll test the dsmx reciever that came with it too on the ground. Was it an error with the dsm2 section in the product? Dsm2 has been around a while, I just got unlucky, it happens.

Update, I just noticed something in the menus. Auto dsmx and dsm2, vs dsm2/high speed. I had it set to high speed/dsm2, did I just set it to high speed? Im not clear on what I was thinking when I setup the radio the first time. Does it auto select between the two modes? Just checked the manual and... nothing on the high speed. Back to the backyard I believe.

Last edited by e-sailpilot86; 10-09-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:17 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Make sure that the DX6i's battery clips make good contact by cleaning them with alcohol (not rubbing) and slightly bend the spring contact out a bit.
Use a battery checker to test the batteries under load if you suspect that they may be the culprit. I've had one or two bad AA's right out of the new box.
The Auto position, with re-binding might solve your problem. I have had problems with the high speed setting and some low end servos.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:28 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

When you send it in, tell them what happened. usually a missing receipt isn't a big deal.

Andy