Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR XG 11 - adjusting mixes in flight

Old 04-29-2014, 01:52 PM
barnowljenx

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default JR XG 11 - adjusting mixes in flight

Hi, my XG11 manual states that the TRIM INPUT SWITCH function allows either the AX.TRM or FP.TRM to be used to adjust a mix in flight. I am trying to use this function to mix out roll and pitch when flying knife edge more quickly than I can do at the moment by having to land and make adjustments each time. Does anyone know whether this can be done and, if so, how it is done? Thanks,
Old 04-29-2014, 09:45 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are using the same XG11 manual as I am, the Trim Input is not listed explicitly for knife edge correction. On page 79 the function is listed as available for the Flap System, Differential, and Gyro Sensitivity adjustments in flight. The Flap System Trim In can be used to correct roll while in knife edge but I wouldn’t recommend it. I tried it and crashed a plane. It is just too much to do while flying knife edge. The XG8 had Trim Input for knife edge roll correction. Maybe the excessive workload is the reason it was left out of the XG11.

Allan
Old 04-29-2014, 09:46 PM
AWorrest

My transmitter is a JR11X that has been upgraded to XG11 software, approximately equivalent to the update 0002-0004 level. I don’t believe that the more recent updates changed the XG11 programming except for the telemetry and the addition of the XBus. If it has, would you let me know.

Allan

Last edited by AWorrest; 04-29-2014 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:49 AM
SAB

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I believe the XG11 doesn't have the "trim-in" feature for the KE mix (contrary to the manual) is because that mix is a multi-point mix (curve mix) whereas the XG8 is just a linear mix. Pitty as I use that feature for differential & it works great, would like it for KE too !

Steve
Old 04-30-2014, 01:06 PM
AWorrest

When the FLAP SYS is used to set up the yaw and roll variables in the RUDD -> A/E mix, the only thing it accomplishes is providing a means of recording the aileron and elevator offsets that are needed when the rudder is held hard over. The risky part in using it while on knife edge is that the offsets don’t go away when the rudder is neutralized or when the TRIM IN is turned off. The only way to neutralize the offsets is to change the flap setting. When I used this scheme for setting up the RUDD -> A/E mix and got into trouble, I wasn’t quick enough in getting to the switch.

I have an idea that will make this safer by having the flap settings change to a non offset condition when the rudder is not held hard over. It may take me about 60 days before I can implement it in an aircraft. The weather here is either cold or windy. I like to test it out before posting it. PM me if you are still interested.

Allan
Old 04-30-2014, 02:25 PM
barnowljenx

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Thank you Allan and Steve. I've asked the UK Distributor about this but so far have not had an answer. This is a great pity as I have to land to make all the adjustments that could all be done in one flight. I'm flying a 2 mtr pattern biplane so flying KE is quite painless and being able to adjust the elevator and aileron mix would not be too taxing IMHO but then again I've not actually tried it!