Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Spektrum DX-9 Timer programming question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 01:44 PM
Capt Jim
My Feedback: (168)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX-9 Timer programming question.

I fly electric so it is quite important to know how much flying time I have left on my battery pack. My timer clock turns on when my throttle is moved above 10% and continues to run until I clear it manually. But during my flight I may shut down the throttle completely and glide, and/or I may land to make adjustments on the plane or on the transmitter. My question is this...can the DX-9 be programmed to stop the clock temporarily during these periods of zero throttle, so as to give a more accurate assessment of remaining flight time? I understand that the radio is still working the servos etc, but the real power hog is the electric motor. Shutting the motor down saves a lot of battery power which should give more actual flight time before needing to land.
Thank you for your inputs on this issue.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:26 PM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Yes. On the Timer screen, turn One-Time back off. You enabled this run-forever mode when you changed it from the default.

Andy
The following users liked this post:
JohnTee (06-23-2021)
Old 06-29-2014, 03:04 AM
Capt Jim
My Feedback: (168)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh how cool is that!!!
A simple keystroke and I've got it just like I wanted it. It is really wonderful to have a knowledgeable resource like you to learn from. Computers kinda baffle me...but I love what they can do.
Thanks very much for your help.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:57 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Always happy to help, Jim. Thanks for using Spektrum!

Andy