Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Spektrum Satellite Antenna Placement In Composite Airframe

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 04:48 PM
Spraytec
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum Satellite Antenna Placement In Composite Airframe

Some body told me to drill two pinholes in fuse and put Spektrum recvr. antenna leads (1 and 1/2" in length roughly) on satellite thru the fuse on my composite Air Wild extra 330L 33%er. Any input on the issue much appreciated.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:11 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Per my reply in your other post http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2600987

Below is the video you want to watch.

If your composite airframe is fiberglass or wood, you don't need to do anything special aside from locating the remote receivers properly.

If your airframe is CF, then you need to do more than just make a hole and stick the lead through it. The CF will act like a big reflector, preventing signal from the opposite side coming to the antenna, and likewise affecting the signal on the receiving side. You would do well in a CF fuselage to put the remote receivers in the wings (which I assume are not CF) and fin (balsa here too I hope).

Anyway, watch the video. It'll help a lot with the understanding.

Andy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXFfJUGUH_U