Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

AR9350 Stabilization Settings

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 01:57 AM
djmp69

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default AR9350 Stabilization Settings

Got an AR9350 receiver in a 75cc Aeroworks Extra 260. Great receiver. The only problems so far are the stabilization and AILE servo settings.

First, I like to try different things, so I use a flaperon/spoiler setup on my aerobatic planes. Just go with it. Anyway, it works great on my one Extra with an AR9020. But now this 9350 has to be programmed with this app. Either I'm doing it wrong, or I don't know what. When I set the aircraft type to dual AILE servos, everything works except flaps. I have normal AILE operation, but when I activate flaps, one ailerons goes up and the other one goes down. So I go to the app, switch the type to flaperon, but then the left aileron doesnt work at all, and when I activate flaps, nothing happens. Of course in the DX9, I have to have the type set to flaperon to access the flap menu. I've made sure that the port settings are set right, that the port assignments are correct, etc. I'm at a loss.

Secondly, I set some initial AS3X values. On rare gain, it seems to be ok. A little stiff, but ok, seems like I can dial it down a bit to make it more natural. But if I activate Heading again, the plane immediately nose dives. This seems way off. I can see if the plane starts wobbling around, that would indicate a top high gain setting creating oscillation. But a nosedive? And the plane doesn't wobble, it just dives straight toward the ground. And not at high speed either. This was at experimental speed. The RX is secured flat, straight in line front to back. Am I missing something that would make the elevators pitch down in heading gain?

I've had success with an Alpha 6 and other AS3X RXs before, so I'm familiar with hardware setup and what not, but I'm wondering if there is a programming step or some setting I missed?
Old 05-10-2018, 09:17 AM
djmp69

Anyone? Anyone?
Old 05-17-2018, 10:18 PM
djmp69

Wow, nobody has a clue, hunh?
Old 05-18-2018, 09:18 AM
rpellicciotti

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djmp69
Anyone? Anyone?
If you are trying to program the 9350 using the app on your phone, you might as well give up. It doesn't work very well at all. If you use a windows laptop and the USB cable along with the Spektrum Programmer program, it works very well. I have 3 of these 9350's and they work very well using the computer program to set it up.

The problem you are having is that depending on which wing type you select, the receiver will assign different ports to the various control surfaces. In the program you can see this and re-arrange your servos or override the program's default and tell it what you have connected where. I think you will find it much easier to configure and set up doing it this way.

Andy Kuntz over on the Spektrum group at RCGroups was very helpful to me when I first started using the 9350.

It is an excellent receiver and they work great once set up.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:28 AM
djmp69

Originally Posted by rpellicciotti
If you are trying to program the 9350 using the app on your phone, you might as well give up. It doesn't work very well at all. If you use a windows laptop and the USB cable along with the Spektrum Programmer program, it works very well. I have 3 of these 9350's and they work very well using the computer program to set it up.

The problem you are having is that depending on which wing type you select, the receiver will assign different ports to the various control surfaces. In the program you can see this and re-arrange your servos or override the program's default and tell it what you have connected where. I think you will find it much easier to configure and set up doing it this way.

Andy Kuntz over on the Spektrum group at RCGroups was very helpful to me when I first started using the 9350.

It is an excellent receiver and they work great once set up.
that's just it. I am using a windows laptop with the cable. I have tried all combinations of wing types, and, as I said in the earlier post, I get every result except the one I need, which is why I'm reaching out here. I've set up the ports in the app so that the plane flies great normally. Even the stabilization works great in rate gain mode. I'm just having the problem with heading gain and flaperons.