Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX6 Stuck in Warning Throttle High

Old 09-24-2019, 07:57 AM
tgott

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default DX6 Stuck in Warning Throttle High

Please help. I searched but could not see this problem described in other threads.

My DX6 was working fine until I turned it on this morning and it went straight into the calibrate screen. I could not exit without getting all calibrations to "OK" and saving. Now when I turn it on, I am stuck in "Warnings Throttle High" and cannot get out even though throttle is low. I can get to System Setup buy holding control dial on power up but still cannot find a way to clear this problem. Please help. I searched but could not see this problem described in other threads.
The following users liked this post:
perkinrf (03-28-2020)
Old 09-24-2019, 09:49 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First thing to try is disconnecting the battery for a bit to let that memory clear, then plug it back in and see if the radio will come on in a normal fashion.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:41 AM
tgott

Hi Zeeb... Thanks for your reply. I had tried this but it did not work. But I spent another 1/2 hour fiddling with system controls and discovered FINALLY that throttle input was activated on the RIGHT stick!!! No idea how that happened. The system settings were changed from Mode 2 to Mode 1 so it thought throttle was sitting at 50% all the time!!! I must have inadvertently changed this somehow while passing through the System Settings!! I have wasted about 3 hours on this. Very frustrating but at least it works now! Spektrum users beware!
Tom
The following users liked this post:
perkinrf (03-28-2020)
Old 09-25-2019, 04:25 AM
pilotpete2

You mean computer radio users beware!
This is a gotcha on just about every brand. The old basic 6 channel Futaba's with the small screen were really bad in that regard. It was easy to accidently select mode select when you wanted model select, so if you thought you were selecting model 1, bang zoom, you were in mode 1
Pete
Old 03-28-2020, 03:47 PM
perkinrf

Hey I have the exact problem with my DX9 it did this identical thing too me how did you actually fix this ? I cannot get it too go back its stuck in Mode 1 and i cannot even setup a new receiver I have
Old 03-29-2020, 05:29 AM
tgott

Originally Posted by perkinrf View Post
Hey I have the exact problem with my DX9 it did this identical thing too me how did you actually fix this ? I cannot get it too go back its stuck in Mode 1 and i cannot even setup a new receiver I have
I don't have this radio any longer. I was setting it up for a friend. But I remember this frustrating problem. Basically in Mode 1, your throttle and aileron are on the right stick and rudder and elevator are on the left stick. If your TX thinks it is in Mode 1, the spring centering on the right stick basically puts the throttle at 50% when you power up. Luckily, I found a YouTube video that will probably help you. It is describing a DX8 but likely the same for a DX9. Most of the video is spent explaining how you adjust the gimbals physically to make the left stick centering and the right stick non-centering ratchet. So if your DX9 is in Mode 1, you probably passed through the System Settings and changed it to Mode 1 by mistake. Watch the end of the video and change it back to Mode 2 in System Settings. It will probably then force you to re-calibrate when you power up and you you should be back to to normal. Good luck. Let us know how it goes! Here is the link.

Tom
Old 03-30-2020, 08:20 AM
AndyKunz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by perkinrf View Post
Hold down the roller as you power up. This will put you in System Mode.

Now you can go to the Warning screen and correct your settings.

Andy