Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

AR20310T not powering servos

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 04:47 PM
gi8u2racing
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AR20310T not powering servos

Things working good:
1. Did ~1 hour of radio setup, everything worked great
2. Ran turbine engine, all surfaces worked, taxi'd around a bit
3. Top off Rx battery from ~7.9V to 8.2V to run out for a quick test flight before sunset

Things going sour:
1. Fuel up airplane, take it out, Tx ON (correct model all day), airplane won't turn on (servos are limp, no rail power)
2. Check Rx battery voltage...8.17V
3. Check all the lights, everything looks nominal (picture below)
4. Re-bind it twice, Tx says successful bind, airplane disagrees
5. Different battery pack...still nothing

Potential fix:
1. Ah ha! Probably need to update receiver firmware, silly me!
2. Update Rx firmware, then airplane comes on, powering all the servos, not with any Tx signal though
3. Go to turn Tx on, still nothing
4. Re-bind, still nothing

Here is what it looks like everytime:

All three satellite lights are green, one battery power is blue (note I am only running one battery), and signal light is orange

Last edited by gi8u2racing; 10-05-2019 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 08:37 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

First thing to check is that you have the model in the same orientation as when you setup the AS3000. When you turn on the model with the AS3000 it takes longer to hook up with the tx, up to about 8 seconds IIRC. If that doesn't work, disconnect the AS3000 and see if everything works correctly.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:44 PM
gi8u2racing
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's alive!!!

Originally Posted by Zeeb
First thing to check is that you have the model in the same orientation as when you setup the AS3000. When you turn on the model with the AS3000 it takes longer to hook up with the tx, up to about 8 seconds IIRC. If that doesn't work, disconnect the AS3000 and see if everything works correctly.
Receiver Firmware is: SPEKTRUM AR20310T FORWARD PROGRAMMING VERSION 1.6.45 (APRIL 26, 2019)

Alright, you win, now tell me what the issue is!

Here's how it went:
1. As is, turned everything on, still no servo power (expected)
2. Disconnected AS3000
3. Turned Rx power back on - still nothing
4. Re-bind - then it all came on! Whoa! (everything works too)
5. Turned it back off
6. Plugged AS3000 in, turned it back on, nobody's home
7. Repeated steps 2-6 again without re-binding, same results

So is my AS3000 dead? Or maybe when I did the configuring it wasn't level (which I'm pretty sure it wasn't) and it's not letting the servos get power? If so, how do I get everything powered so I can get to Forward programming and re-calibrate it? And once there, do I just do the quick and simple system calibration or whatever it's called?

Last edited by gi8u2racing; 10-08-2019 at 03:22 AM.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:37 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by gi8u2racing
Receiver Firmware is: SPEKTRUM AR20310T FORWARD PROGRAMMING VERSION 1.6.45 (APRIL 26, 2019)

Alright, you win, now tell me what the issue is!

Here's how it went:
1. As is, turned everything on, still no servo power (expected)
2. Disconnected AS3000
3. Turned Rx power back on - still nothing
4. Re-bind - then it all came on! Whoa! (everything works too)
5. Turned it back off
6. Plugged AS3000 in, turned it back on, nobody's home
7. Repeated steps 2-6 again without re-binding, same results

So is my AS3000 dead? Or maybe when I did the configuring it wasn't level (which I'm pretty sure it wasn't) and it's not letting the servos get power? If so, how do I get everything powered so I can get to Forward programming and re-calibrate it? And once there, do I just do the quick and simple system calibration or whatever it's called?
You 'gotta remember that when you make changes to trim, throws or such on the model, the AS3000 must be setup again. Also, there was a guy on another forum who setup his A3000 sitting on it's landing gear. The planes are normally stored on there sides on his wall. When he tried to turn one on without getting it down, the system would not initialize.

Now, next question; have you flown the model and got everything trimmed out before turning on the AS3000? That is a no-no as well since the AS3000 will not compensate for travel/trim changes on it's own. So those controls must be set for neutral and endpoints before messing with the AS3000. It doesn't have to be level but it helps if you try to get it reasonably close before you do it, and as you noted, if you change things that are connected to these rx's, you need to re-bind the radio.