Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

IX20 and SPM files

Old 06-01-2020, 12:30 PM
petya
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IX20 and SPM files

Does anyone know why the IX20 does not export files with SPM extension compatible with the DX line ??

TKS
Old 06-02-2020, 06:27 AM
AndyKunz

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The IX20 runs on the G3 channel processor, the DX radios and IX12 use the G2 version. G2 is quite a bit smaller than the G3 (12K vs. 63K).

The G3 can do so much more, things that have no equivalent in the G2. Like mixes - the G2 has one curve (set of numbers) per mix. The G3 has 10. G2 has 7 points per curve, G3 has 17. G3 has curves in many places that only simple ratios were available in G2. G3 has multiple multi-input logical switches, the G2 has only one (Flight Mode). G3 supports combo switches everywhere, G2 only has them on mixes.

Hope that helps you understand why we made it a one-way path.

Andy
Old 06-02-2020, 03:07 PM
petya

Andy,
A friend here in Brazil bought an IX20 and unfortunately the radio is defective and will be sent to Horizon for maintenance.
It has a DX20 that is the Backup.
Since it is not possible to export from IX20 to DX20 as you explained, we had the idea to export from IX20 to an IX12 (my radio) and from IX12 to his DX20.
I believe that some losses would happen due to the difference in the number of channels, but would the base of the programming be preserved , trins etc ?
It has several jets and he would not like to reprogram them all on the DX20.
What is your opinion about it ?
Thank you .
Old 06-02-2020, 04:31 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
The IX20 runs on the G3 channel processor, the DX radios and IX12 use the G2 version. G2 is quite a bit smaller than the G3 (12K vs. 63K).

h.

Andy
Originally Posted by petya View Post
Andy,

Since it is not possible to export from IX20 to DX20 as you explained, we had the idea to export from IX20 to an IX12 (my radio) and from IX12 to his DX20.
I believe that some losses would happen due to the difference in the number of channels, but would the base of the programming be preserved , trins etc ?
Thank you .
I'm not Andy but I think you missed the main point of his reply about why you cannot export files directly to the DX20;

Only the iX20 has the G3 chip, ALL the DX radios use a G2 chip as does your iX12 so your plan won't work.

Best suggestion I have is that you backup all the models on a card, send off the iX20 and wait for it to come back. OR bite the bullet and manually transfer models to the DX20. Sorry...
Old 06-03-2020, 04:42 AM
AndyKunz

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by petya View Post
Andy,
A friend here in Brazil bought an IX20 and unfortunately the radio is defective and will be sent to Horizon for maintenance.
It has a DX20 that is the Backup.
Thank you .
You can try that, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. The radios export everything, not just the number of channels on the label. It's worth trying, but I can't guarantee anything.

Best of luck!

Andy

Old 06-03-2020, 05:59 AM
petya

Originally Posted by andykunz View Post
you can try that, but i wouldn't get my hopes up. The radios export everything, not just the number of channels on the label. It's worth trying, but i can't guarantee anything.

Best of luck!

Andy
thanks !
Old 06-13-2020, 04:40 PM
petya

Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
You can try that, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. The radios export everything, not just the number of channels on the label. It's worth trying, but I can't guarantee anything.

Best of luck!

Andy
Andy ,
Just to keep you with new information ... works FINE !! My friend sent me the ISPM files from his IX20 , i imported to my IX12 , exported SPM files and he imported to DX20 .

Honestly, at first I thought it wouldn't work, because the ISPM files were approximately 700kb and after being imported and exported in the SPM format, they were only 15kb.

It is a lot of difference in size, but in IX12 there were even pictures, sounds, trins etc.

I don't know how much information went to the SPM DX20 destination, but he said it worked really well !!