Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

IX20 with Spektrum AR12310T receiver

Old 10-11-2020, 06:36 PM
S_Ellzey

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default IX20 with Spektrum AR12310T receiver

Hopefully Andy or some else can help with this one

I put an AR12310T receiver with AS3X in a jet model about a year and half ago, originally with a DX18G2. Just a little over a year ago the Rx would not power up correctly, it would not power the servos (no blue light). HH told me all I needed to do was perform a factory reset via forward programming to clear the problem. Earlier this year I moved that model over to the IX20, and everything seemed to be ok for a while. And then a month or so again the problem came back, so I did the factory reset in the field with the IX20. Everything worked, I reset all the stabilization features, and flew. When I powered up for the next flight once again it would not power up the servos. At that point I decided that receiver is getting replaced.

I found a hobby shop with a new one on the shelf and put it into the model. This one has what I guess are newer remote receivers that only have one antenna coming out of them. Now when I go through forward programming and setup the nose wheel steering feature, when the Rx does the restart it quits working again (no blue light). At this point I can bind it to the DX18 and everything works. I can go back and forth between the two transmitters and the results are consistent; the DX18 works and the IX20 does not. If I do a factory reset both will work, as long as I do not try and setup the nose wheel feature.

What is going on?
Old 10-12-2020, 06:19 AM
AndyKunz

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I was puzzled too, so I asked the engineer. He said, "probably the classic -- flaps are down with elevator compensation, preventing trim capture from working."

Make sure you don't have something like that going on.

Andy
Old 10-12-2020, 05:01 PM
S_Ellzey

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the quick response.

That was it. With it not working I could see that I had some steering trim, After taking a few clicks out the system came on.

Playing around I saw that if you are holding aileron, elevator or rudder when you switch on the system will not completely power up until you let go. Is this just a feature when using AS3X?

Thanks again for your help,
Steven
Old 10-13-2020, 03:38 AM
AndyKunz

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes, this is how AS3X works in the Forward Programming receivers. After you have set the steering trim, you can use the Learn Servo Settings function to reset the "centers" to these points.

Just be sure you have flaps up when you do it, because it learns the centers of all servos, not just the steering one.

Andy