Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DX18 just blinks on power up?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2020, 10:13 AM
HunkaJunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX18 just blinks on power up?

Hi, Having a sudden issue with my DX18 G2. When I switch it on, the orange Spektrum symbol blinks real fast about 5 times, the screen lights up and then shuts off. It does this same sequence over and over again and never boots up.

Any suggestions, or is just broke and need to be sent in? There haven't been any issues with the radio until now, I was using it just fine yesterday setting up a model, now nothing.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:37 AM
HunkaJunk

Default SD Card issue?

It looks like it was maybe an issue with the SD card? I plugged the sd card into a Windows 10 computer and had issues reading it. I'm using a micro SD card with an adapter, I unplugged and re-plugged the micro SD from the adapter a few times and it then came up on my laptop.

I re-installed the card in the radio and it booted, YAY!

Then found a firmware update on the Spektrum RC site and installed it following the instructions, after what appeared to be a successful flash, it's still booting up and seems to work fine.

Old 11-25-2020, 03:09 PM
HunkaJunk

I think I can confirm the issue is with the SD card, It happened again this afternoon, I unplugged and re-plugged the SD card a few times, and it booted up fine.

I'll be acquiring a new SD card soon to try and get rid of this problem permanently.
Old 11-26-2020, 05:28 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

See if you can find a SanDisk 4g card but make sure the card is Class 4 not Class 10 which is the norm now.

Then download SD Formatter and format the card with that, not windows.

Also, other than doing telemetry logging, you don't need the card in to use the radio day to day
Old 12-16-2020, 05:38 PM
HunkaJunk

I have a class 4 card now, although it's a micro SD with an adapter, all still working OK.
Thanks!