Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

AR1230T Powersafe Telemetry Problem

Old 12-16-2020, 05:50 PM
HunkaJunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AR1230T Powersafe Telemetry Problem

I have a telemetry issue with an AR12310T RX, the X-Bus doesn't seem to power up a GPS module at boot up. The GPS module (SPMA95870) and cable work fine on a AR637A RX fine, I get the "GPS acquired" right after powering the RX up.

On the 12310T it's a different story, It seems nothing is powered up when you first turn on the RX (no servo or X-bus voltage), after a delay, the servo power and X-Bus power up (After the green light has been on for a second or two).

I was able to get the telemetry working with other hardware by making the sure the telemetry device was already powered up when the AR12310T was booted up, but I currently don't have any way to power up the GPS module before the AR12310T is booted up.

Any ideas, or am I missing something here?

Thanks much.
Old 12-16-2020, 11:59 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Yep, the PS rx's do not feed anything else until linked with the tx. Some guys have developed a workaround wiring harness for the GS stuff but it's driving the Turbine guys nuts and the ECU doesn't get powered in time and it aborts the start sequence.

Head on over to RC Groups, couple of big threads talking about this staff over there were virtually none exist here no are questions commonly answered anymore by Horizon guys.
Old 12-17-2020, 03:30 PM
HunkaJunk

Well, I was wrong to some extent, the Xbus does in fact power up when the soft switch on the RX is turned ON, servo bus does not power up until the TX link is made. I am at a loss why the GPS unit won't populate any data when hooked up to the AR12310T X-Bus port. The GPS module and cable work everywhere else I have tried?
Old 12-17-2020, 04:25 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Can't help you, but as I said earlier, head on over to RCGroups. You'll find some pretty smart guys over there in the Radio forum including factory reps.
Old 12-27-2020, 04:07 PM
rslstft
My Feedback: (10)

I came across the same problem recently. I found that if I unplugged the GPS sensor from the receiver AFTER it links up with the transmitter and then plugged it right back in, it will start providing data!? I don't know if it's a firmware issue or what, but for the time being, that gets the GPS working.