Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Buddy Box with Spektrum Interlink DX Simulator Controller

Old 01-30-2021, 10:58 AM
Rafwheat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buddy Box with Spektrum Interlink DX Simulator Controller

Can the Spektrum Interlink DX Simulator Controller be used as the "Student" in a Buddy Box setup with a Spektrum DXe Transmitter as the Instructor?

The Interlink DX Simulator Controller will be powered by battery thru the USB Cable. Both Spektrum units have the Buddy Box "Trainer Port".

So has anyone used this configuration successfully?

Thanks!
Old 01-30-2021, 01:13 PM
tedsander

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Short answer - no.
There are no electronics in the Interlink, it is just a joystick. The exception being a small converter that accepts the pwm signal from another transmitter in to it's trainer port, so that second transmitter can be used to fly the sim. There is nothing to generate a signal OUT of that port, which would be needed for it to be a student buddy box.
--

My oops - this was posted to a mfg direct support forum, that I failed to notice. I'll leave it here, but not be surprised if it gets deleted if/when a real support person decides to reply.....

Last edited by tedsander; 01-30-2021 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-30-2021, 03:33 PM
Rafwheat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it... Many Thanks!!
Old 01-30-2021, 04:04 PM
tedsander

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Give these guys a call: Big Sky Hobby Store

They have a LOT of old transmitters from estate sales, etc. While I may not trust any of them as a primary radio, they very likely will have many that can function perfectly well as a student buddy box. It may arrive dusty, but I would trust them to pick out a good one for your use. And it will be cheap!