Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Transferring models from DX9 to IX20

Old 05-02-2021, 10:18 AM
rnsv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transferring models from DX9 to IX20

I recently purchased a IX 20 transmitter. I currently have a DX 9 and I am trying to load my models from my DX9 to my IX20. I transferred the models from my DX9 to a SD card and then put that card in my computer and transferred the model files to a Micro SD card. The model files show on the micro card but when I place the card in my IX 20 and try to import the files I get an error message that says Legacy import failure.../storage/6432-6138/007 then the model I am trying to import and nothing will load onto the IX 20. All the files on the micro card have a spm extension. Can anyone help me figure out what I am doing wrong and what I need to do to load my models onto my IX20. I don't really want to have to reenter all the data on each plane unless I really have to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-08-2021, 10:36 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

You're going to have to manually copy the model settings to the new tx.
Old 05-09-2021, 10:43 AM
rnsv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. After I upgraded the Airware on the IX 20 I had no problem loading the models from my mini SD card. It worked flawlessly. That saved me a bunch of work loading them individually. As a side note I did have to copy each individual model instead of using the copy all mode. At least I didnt have to manually load all the settings. Thanks again. So far I love the IX 20.
Old 07-05-2021, 10:04 PM
djmp69

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rnsv View Post
Thanks for the reply. After I upgraded the Airware on the IX 20 I had no problem loading the models from my mini SD card. It worked flawlessly. That saved me a bunch of work loading them individually. As a side note I did have to copy each individual model instead of using the copy all mode. At least I didnt have to manually load all the settings. Thanks again. So far I love the IX 20.
I have a similar issue with my IX12. Most of the model settings copied over, but audio alerts, warnings, things like that did not. Did you experience this once you were able to copy your files over?