Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

SPM9745 Remote RX Compatibility

Old 10-17-2021, 09:37 PM
djmp69

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default SPM9745 Remote RX Compatibility

I ordered an AR9030t RX back in January, which kept getting pushed back and back and back until eventually I got the email saying it was no longer available, and was replaced by the AR10100T DSMX receiver, which replaced my order. Great. When I got the new receiver, I was a bit uneasy to find that the new RX did not include remote receivers, given how much emphasis had been put upon them before. Ok, I'm thinking, new product, new technology. Then I see on Horizon's website that there are remote DSMX receivers available. I figure, why not, I'll just order a couple just to be safe. A little redundancy never hurt. Got the remotes, and, because life happens, didn't really get a chance to try them until now. Good thing I didn't open them. Come to find out, these new receivers have a different pin configuration than the remote receivers that are described on Horizon's website as an upgrade to "ANY" DSMX receiver. Now they did say "with available ports" but made no distinction as to the differences in requirements.

Even on the back of the packaging of the remote receiver, it is printed, "...is compatible with all Spektrum DSMX aircraft receivers that utilize remote receivers".

So now I'm both confused and feeling duped. Am I missing something?

Last edited by djmp69; 10-17-2021 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-18-2021, 03:38 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 245 Likes on 197 Posts

"...is compatible with all Spektrum DSMX aircraft receivers that utilize remote receivers".
That should probably be appended with "at the time these were manufactured and this card was printed"

Time moves on though. What you need are the 4 pin SRXL2 remotes, well you don't need them but if you want a warm fuzzy..... SPM9747 is the correct part number.

Good news is that people are always looking for those that you have so they shouldn't be too difficult to sell, the new ones don't work on many devices like gyros that can use plug in satelites.
Old 10-18-2021, 10:34 AM
djmp69

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
That should probably be appended with "at the time these were manufactured and this card was printed"

Time moves on though. What you need are the 4 pin SRXL2 remotes, well you don't need them but if you want a warm fuzzy..... SPM9747 is the correct part number.

Good news is that people are always looking for those that you have so they shouldn't be too difficult to sell, the new ones don't work on many devices like gyros that can use plug in satelites.
Ok gotcha. I'm still trying to wrap my head around not needing remotes, lol. I know I know, time goes on, technology changes, etc. I've seen other brand RXs without them. Just gotta take a leap of faith. A little more than a notion with these birds though.

Speaking of which, Andy, would you say the remote(s) would be a good idea on a CARF 35% with a DA100? No carbon fiber in there, unless theres something in the shell makeup that I dont know about? Ir should it be fine with just the two antennas on the AR10100T?

Last edited by djmp69; 10-18-2021 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10-18-2021, 10:58 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 245 Likes on 197 Posts

If it were me, and I have big planes, I'd add the remotes on something like that.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:25 PM
djmp69

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
If it were me, and I have big planes, I'd add the remotes on something like that.
Ok so I'm not a little nuts in thinking that, thanks for the confirmation!