Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Good receiver that doesn't require a forward progamming transmitter?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2022, 08:06 AM
Bob.R
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good receiver that doesn't require a forward progamming transmitter?

I am shopping for a good quality 6 channel receiver for a sport plane. I use a 12X transmitter. I have used Spektrum receivers in the past, but it appears that all current Spektrum receivers (with antennas) require a transmitter with forward programming. These new receivers appear to be a no go with the 12x and quite a few older Spektrum transmitters.

Can anyone recommend a quality 6 channel receiver that doesn't have a forward programming requirement and is dsm2 compatible? Thanks for any assistance.
Old 02-11-2022, 12:21 PM
Bob.R
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To further explain, I purchased a Spektrum AR6610T receiver. It appears to successfully go through the binding procedure with the 12x. However, none of the channels operate. The fine print for the receiver says that transmitters must have forward programming capabilities.

I have looked at admiral and lemon receivers. Some reviews are positive, other reviews, not so much.

Last edited by Bob.R; 02-11-2022 at 12:35 PM. Reason: clarify
Old 02-11-2022, 03:07 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

The older Spektrum stuff shows up on RCGroups pretty frequently as guys upgrade to forward programming capable rxs. I'd try looking there, probably more stuff there than any other website I can think of.

Bye the way, while I do have some of the latest radio technology tx's, I still have a 12X that is setup and used on my GS gassers. Great radio and I love how if feels in my hands....
Old 02-12-2022, 05:27 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your transmitter cannot work with the AR6610T receiver, it is not due to it having Forward Programming. I had no problem with linking my 12X (module version) transmitter to an AR637T receiver that has Forward Programming. I used the receiver bind button to make the link. Doing so, the failsafe was set to the Smart + Last Hold. It might be wise to consult with the Spektrum people before purchasing another receiver. If you still wish to purchase another receiver, I have a practically new AR6255 receiver, https://spektrumrc.com/Products/Defa...odId=SPMAR6255, I would be willing to sell.

Allan