Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

new PCM9X - throttle cut problem

Old 12-09-2003, 11:23 PM
WilliamT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new PCM9X - throttle cut problem

I have 2 x Seagull PC9's, with the only significant difference being dual aileron servos plus flaps on one and just a single aileron servo on t'other.
I have just converted both from Hitec Flash5 to the PCM9X.

On one the Throttle Cut option works fine.
On the other, Throttle Cut actually OPENS the throttle by the cut amount!! Also the Tx issues a small beep, so I suspect an error somewhere?

However, I have flicked from model to model on the Tx and cannot find any diffence between the two setups.

Any suggestions, please.

WilliamT
Old 12-10-2003, 09:54 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: new PCM9X - throttle cut problem

I do not have a 9X available to try to duplicate the problem. I do not remember how the throttle cut functions on that system, on the new 6102 system we have here, the throttle cut position is selectable. If it is on the 9X as well, it may be that you can simply adjust the position the servo will move to when the throttle cut is pressed.

If the system is doing this in only one model set up, I would recommend trying to reprogram the model in question in another model memory, do a model reset, and set it up again. Then see if it behaves the same in the newly programmed model memory as it did in the original. If reprogramming it does not correct it, there may be a problem with your system.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:55 PM
WilliamT

Thanks for your reply, Danny.
I had a flash of inspiration and did exactly that last evening - reprogramming solved the problem.
But I still have no idea what caused the error; it was most likely something I did as this Tx is very new and with only a Japanese manual it is a bit difficult to figure out how to get some features to work!

Thanks and regards,
WilliamT
Old 12-10-2003, 09:56 PM
WilliamT

Thanks for your reply, Danny.
I had a flash of inspiration and did exactly that last evening - reprogramming solved the problem.
But I still have no idea what caused the error; it was most likely something I did as this Tx is very new and with only a Japanese manual it is a bit difficult to figure out how to get some features to work!

Thanks and regards,
WilliamT
Old 12-11-2003, 09:22 AM
alyohagg

Throttle=>Throttle mixing