Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Jr 9x

Old 01-16-2004, 03:38 PM
bradley
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Jr 9x

Hi Danny
Does JR have a general timline for 9X release? Summer 2004?........ Summer 2005?....... Summer 2006? I am very patient but would sure like to have a rough idea?

Thanks Brad

PS
Any way to get on some sort of advancve waiting list for the 9x?
Old 01-16-2004, 04:30 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Jr 9x

We don't have a waiting list, generally either there will be information at the dealer level about a new release and also our site. Other times you might find the latest scoop right here in this forum!

As to a time frame on the new 9 channel system, we don't have any information on when it might be available, but I would anticipate a spring to early summer release.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:43 PM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Danny:
I have seen one for sale from Japan on RCU. It went for 600$ do you think thats a good guess of what it will cost here.

Thanks,, Dave
Old 01-19-2004, 03:48 PM
dsnyder

I don't have any pricing information on the system at this time, so I am not real sure.
Old 01-19-2004, 04:35 PM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Thanks Danny,,,,,,,,,, Your one busy little Doggie

Dave
Old 01-19-2004, 05:45 PM
raptor5900
My Feedback: (4)

I thin your doing good danny.......i feel bad about all the 9X threads that you have to answer......anyway i'm getting mine from japan for $338 but it doesnt have digital servos with it.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:09 PM
bradley

Thanks for the help danny
Old 01-23-2004, 03:56 PM
JLB
My Feedback: (2)

Danny,

If a guy had a 10X (aircraft) but never needed 10 channels, would
there be any reason for him to look at the 9 ?
Old 01-23-2004, 04:13 PM
dsnyder

Really that is a matter of opinion. Personnally speaking I would say not really, because the switches for dual rates are 2 position, and I love the 3 position switches of the 10X. I do plan to get one of the 9 channels when we get them for using with some of my smaller models and electrics etc. My 3D 40% and above planes that I have, I'm going to stick with the 10X. There are some abilities in the new 9 channel that the 10X is not capable of doing though, mainly in terms of switch selectability that make it more flexible, but overall, nothing major. At least from my memory of the 9 channel.. I haven't seen one in a while.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:51 PM
bradley

The 10X is a wonderful product that i have owned myself. I am looking at the 9X due to my love of JR quality. However, finally they have tried to catch up with the competition on software. The lack of complete programing (aircraft types) and switch assignable have been needed for many years. always been a sore point with me since the date i bought my 10X 4 years ago.The competition have offered these things for over a decade now!! JR's Programming has always been the best it was just never complete or flexible enough for my liking. A synthesized Module would make the JR line almost perfect.
Thanks for all your input Danny
Brad
Old 01-29-2004, 09:41 AM
woodscra
My Feedback: (23)

Danny:

With improved switch selection, can you move the dual-rates to a 3-way switch to have triple rates? That would solve the problem you mentioned with only dual-rates.

Thanks
Old 01-29-2004, 10:25 AM
dsnyder

I don't have a 9 channel to try, but I believe there is only 1 switch that is 3 position, and I'm not certain if the rates can be assigned to it or not.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:56 PM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

I guess that for me, triple rates are the breaking point for if I buy the radio or not. I will buy the U.S. version FOR SUREif it has triple rates. to me that is the most important feature, more so than the sliders on the back of the radio, which by the way, are nice also. I guess that too me a pro-class radio should have triple rates, and if the 8103 had them, I would have bought it years ago. But for now, I am still rely'n on the ol'trusty JR x-347 (discontinued 1993) as my radio of champions. I have used it in every pattern contest that I have ever flown. Here is hopin it has TRIPLES
Old 02-24-2004, 10:23 PM
bradley

Well i bit the Bullet and bought a 9X from england. In my hands in under a week.
Great peice of equipment. JR is definitly on the right track..........finally. The programming level of the 10X but with all aircraft types available. I owned a 10X and that is why i sold it. I fly everything....Literally. IT was always possible to program everything with the 10X Heli but simple things were missing and it made it more difficult. Simplicity is why i went to JR. If i wanted to read manuals i would buy Futaba!!!
The triple rates are absent but flight modes and assignable switches more than compensate if necessary. It was unimportant to me since i always thought that multiple rates were useless if you had expo! If you want diferent flight performance, flight modes are the real answer. A new configuration with every flip of the switch?
Delighted with my purchase
Brad
Old 02-24-2004, 11:09 PM
woodscra

Brad:

Would you tell us how many triple switches there are? Where located? Is it possible to assign flight modes to the triple switch for triple rates?
Also, how many flight modes does it have?

I appreciate any help you can provide, these questions are a big part of my decision to buy.
Thanks
Old 02-25-2004, 12:24 AM
baronbrian

Also, how many flight modes does your 9x system have? what about the 10X?
thanks again
Old 02-25-2004, 02:24 AM
bradley

It has 4 flight modes in all aircraft types. all are assignable. MY old 10x had 5 modes the modes 4 and 5 had some asignability but the first 3 were fixed.
Switch location is different than i wanted but i did know about that before i bought it. There are 2 triple switches one is at the normal flap position(front left) the other is is the top right. all others are 2 position and assignable. I have read that some heli guys( i fly heli as well) have moved the right triple switch to the left top like the 10x heli has? Might be worth it but to me the change is minor at best for me. There are no triple rates. You easily can set-up up to Quadruple rates with flight modes if you wanted too? However i almost never use dual rates myself. Expo will do the same thing with out switches.
It is a great piece of equipment, the scroll and click interface is the simplest thing i have ever seen. It is just like a computer mouse. Scroll point and click. Everything that i have ever wanted in software is easily available.
Thanks Brad
Old 02-25-2004, 02:44 AM
bradley

In case anyone is interested??
I paid $325 British pounds($615 US dollars) for the 9x with all charges included . delivery was under a week. It was ordered without module and with a 2100 mah sanyo TX pack, this was a heli version (no ratchet throttle). No servos or chargers were included in this price.
The Manual is developed in England. It is not as nice looking as a Horizon manual however it was obviously translated better than a Horizon Manual. It is clear and to the point.
Thanks Brad
Old 02-25-2004, 07:02 AM
ButterflyWingsA330

hi bradley,

did your 9x come with a throttle ratchet if you whant to install? do u know which are the main differences between the heli and airplane tx versions?

thanks
i hope u understand my poor english
Butterflywings
Old 02-25-2004, 07:24 AM
Peter Khor
My Feedback: (4)

US$680 here with 4x DS8301 servos and R900 or NER649S RX, module and all.

https://www.cyberheli.com/PCM9X.asp

There is some confusion though over the firmware version of the 9X from East Asia and EU.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:08 AM
bradley

I thought about that version of the 9x, the price was good. The european versions are much more expensive. The Asian 9x and the European version is somewhat different in software. Mine has several differences? Zpcm where the Asian version does not. I have that type of receiver. Also the European version has programmable stick modes were the Asian did not. Mine is software there is hard wired. There is a few small changes. Heli chat groups were saying the Version from england is closer to the upcoming US version? A English speaking warranty depot and manual were a big factor with me. I know it cost more than the asain 9x but it was what i wanted exactly. another factor was that the brits answered all my email questions. The i am still waiting for replies from the other guys? how long did your version take to arrive?

the ratchet thing is true of all heli JR radios. The notches are removed in Heli versions so that the throttle is smooth. Important for Heli but not airplanes
thanks Brad
Old 02-26-2004, 10:02 PM
baronbrian

So Bradley-
what type of switch(es) controls the flight modes and where is it located on your version of the 9X?
Thanks again,
Old 02-26-2004, 11:14 PM
bradley

Hi the default is the 3 position sw. at the top right but you can reassign to the 3 position flap switch on the left. Flight mode is the only function that allows only 2 switches to assign too. Must be because there are just 2 - 3 position switches. all other switches and levers( including gimbals) can be modified to accept your preference.
Thanks brad
Old 02-26-2004, 11:51 PM
woodscra

Danny:

Will Horizon physically re-position switches if we send it in and request it? For a fee of course.

Craig
Old 02-27-2004, 12:13 AM
baronbrian

Thanks Bradley- My questions are answered!
I guess that I am just waiting for the U.S. release, Because I want to make sure there are no problems at horizon if i ever sent it in for service. Triple rates would be nice if there were no flight modes, but the flight modes sound like the way to go- Just set the travels for the surfaces for each mode and then stop using the D/Rs all together. Hopefully it will be out around May so I can use it for a majority of this summers flying.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.