Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

8103 dual elevator programming question

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 07:40 PM
aerobat66-RCU
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8103 dual elevator programming question

Hi Danny,

I just got an 8103, and am trying to set up dual elev. servos on separate channels. Since I have flaperons, my only available channel for the 2nd. elev. half is the gear channel. To disable the gear switch, I went into the travel adjustment screen and zeroed out the values at both gear switch positions. Is this the best way to do it, or is there a better way to inhibit the switch?

What I don't like about this method is that the servo neutral position is now stuck in one direction, forcing me to mechanically re-center the servo arm, and lose some available servo travel in one direction. I'm using Mix 5. Is there a better way to do this setup?

Thanks,

John
Old 07-08-2002, 12:14 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John,
Go ahead and reset your travel adjustments back to whatever they need to be to work properly. Then in mix 3 or 4, set up a mix, setting the gear channel 5 slaved to itself channel 5. This will be a gear to gear mix. Then make the percentage -100%, flip the gear switch, and make it -100% in the second mix value. So you will have a gear to gear mix, with both percentages of the mix at -100%. This will eliminate the gear switch from having any effect. I hope this helps!
Old 07-08-2002, 01:36 PM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Danny,
Will he have trim on both elev halves in Mix # 3 or 4? Doesnt he need to be in Mix 5 or 6?
Why not use Aux 3 for the second elev half? Thats is assuming he has a 9 ch receiver.

Hope I'm not overstepping any bounds here I am just wondering.
Old 07-08-2002, 01:55 PM
dsnyder

He will need to leave the original mix that he set up to mix the gear channel to the ailerons. He has that mix set up already in mix 5, and it should not be changed. The mix I am talking about is to remove the gear switch from affecting the set up. Thanks for bringing that up, I should have been more clear in what I was saying!
Old 07-08-2002, 03:41 PM
aerobat66-RCU
My Feedback: (13)

Thanks Danny!

Late last night, before reading your reply, I did get it to work using Mix 5. Somehow, by tweaking here and there, I got both elevator halves matched extremely close in all positions. To clarify, I have an R600 Rx (6 ch.), and am using Aux1 for flaperon mix, which left only the gear channel open for another mix. I zeroed out the travel for the gear switch, recentered the arm on the servo, then adjusted the mixing value at the Mix5 screen to match each half. I wanted to use Mix 5 so the trim lever would adjust both halves.

John
Old 07-08-2002, 03:46 PM
dsnyder

Mixes 5 and 6 are the only ones that will allow that. Glad you got everything working! The second mix that I was talking about allows you to reset your travel back to default or whatever you want it to be, and still have the gear switch inactive. It works a little slicker than using travel adjustment. Good luck!