Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

1 year later and still no 9X in the US?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 06:40 AM
Peter Khor
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1 year later and still no 9X in the US?

ORIGINAL: dsnyder
Peter, I'm looking on that, but my browser isn't working very well on the FCC site at this time. I found a list of our certifications, but none of them stated what system they are for. I'm still looking, but the site keeps crashing on my browser. Regardless, it is illegal to operate grey market equipment and it is illegal for us to service them. Other FCC certified service centers such as Radio South have
Danny, any news? fwiw I've looked thru all the BRW (JR/HZ Radio Equipment list code), and can't find 10X(current or previous itterations) or 8103, only the RF module. Whereas all the other radios (Quattro thru 378 and 6102) are listed. The conclusion I reach is that ONLY the RF module for 8103 and 10X are FCC licensed, and the 10X and 8103 DO NOT NEED TO BE?
Old 08-07-2004, 04:02 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

this 9x is bad 2 the bone i am loving mine
i had 2 do the down under thing[8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89549.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	161469   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99360.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	161470   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty66575.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	161471  
Old 08-07-2004, 10:22 PM
Peter Khor
My Feedback: (4)

krayzc-RCU, just a quick question or two - is the 9X case "thicker" than the 8103 (or how it feels in your hands)? Does it have a serial port on the back (other than the DSC/trainer jack).
Old 08-07-2004, 11:44 PM
krayzc-RCU

just a quick question or two - is the 9X case "thicker" than the 8103 (or how it feels in your hands)? Does it have a serial port on the back (other than the DSC/trainer jack).
9x is thinner
in my hands it feels thinner took some getting use to

i will have to look on the back when i get a chance i don't remember seeing a serial port
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69442.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	161574   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19156.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	161575   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl21316.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	161576   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nh11363.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	161577  
Old 08-09-2004, 09:28 PM
woodscra
My Feedback: (23)

Krazyc, do you think the screen is nicer or better resolution than the current 8103 and 10X screens?

Does the scroll wheel feel like quality and it will last, or does it feel more on the cheap side?

Thanks
Old 08-10-2004, 09:44 AM
Ben Diss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Craig- The screen on the 9x is an entirely different animal than the 8103. There is much more info on every screen than the 8103. One thing I don't like is that I have to take off my polarized sunglasses to see the 9x screen. The scroll wheel is solid and holds up to abuse well.

-Ben
Old 08-10-2004, 09:47 AM
Ben Diss

FYI, the modules for the 8103 and 9X are interchangable. The crystal in the 9X I bought was bad as evidenced by a poor range check. I just put my 8103 module in it and it worked perfectly. I swapped crystals and the problem moved with the crystal so I bought a new crystal and both work perfectly now.

-Ben
Old 08-10-2004, 12:50 PM
woodscra

thanks Ben
Old 08-10-2004, 02:34 PM
tadawson

So, just to chuck another small wrench into this swirling pot of confusion, since HAM band gear is not subject to type acceptance, if I buy a 9X internationally, and use exclusively 50MHz modules, it would seem to me that there would be no potential FCC issues, since the type acceptance would not apply. ????

- Tim
Old 08-10-2004, 09:17 PM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

I think one of the bits of frustration of this whole 9 channel thing is that we have absolutely no hint of what new features are being incorporated. All we get is "the new 9 channel will be worth the wait" and it "will be a very impressive system".

This really doesn't mean much of anything. I understand that JR/Horizon want to or need to hold the information in confidence from a business standpoint but it sure doesn't give us end users anything to look forward to.

What impresses one person doesn't necessarily impress another. At the moment I'm IMPRESSED with the MX22 from Graupner but I doubt we will ever see those kinds of features in the JR programmed 9X. It would be nice if at least one or 2 of the newer features were known.

It seems though that won't happen and it all will just be suddenly sprung upon us, to be impressed or not. So, the mystery 9 channel is suppose to come out in 2004, at least so Danny said in another post. That seems to be as specific as Horizon will get at the moment.

So I'm waiting to be IMPRESSED! I'm just not sure that is ever going to happen. Last time the same sort of thing happened, delay after delay, after delay, it was called the Zagi FIXX. That was impressive, right? Everyone bought one right?
Old 08-10-2004, 09:41 PM
woodscra

JR/Horizon = a bit too little, way too late
Here is to the MX-22, which horizon should relinquish all control over and allow the importing of as many as wanted. That is if they were confident their product was best, then sales would prove it, vote with your dollars.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:47 AM
krayzc-RCU

do you think the screen is nicer or better resolution than the current 8103 and 10X screens?
the screen doesn't blacken out as quick or mine has not done it yet while sitting in the sun

Does the scroll wheel feel like quality and it will last, or does it feel more on the cheap side?
the scroll wheel is a very quick to use feature i need to wait to say if it will last but right now its great
Old 08-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Airbike
My Feedback: (6)

Ben Diss or Krayzc,
Can you confirm that the screen is polarized so that I have to remove my polarized sunglasses to see any info?[]
I am seriously considering this Tx as I know someone who can get me an International version.
But this screen thing would really put a damper on my enthusiasm.

I've come accross this sort of thing in automotive sound systems too, can't see any of their LCD screens unless I tilt my head (not quite 90 degrees) or remove my sunglasses.[:'(]

One other quick question, does the 9X have expo values for each side of the stick travel like the Fut 9C or is it the same as the 8103 with just one expo value ?

Thanks for any info.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:03 AM
zonker123
My Feedback: (21)

Krazyc and I got 9x's at the same time. I use polorized prescription sunglasses and have not had any problem seeing the screen display.
In ACRO (I am not familular with the GLIDER or HELI modes) settings, the 9x does allow for the setting of both dual rate and expo to each side of the stick. there are also three flite modes, and mixes and dual rate/expo can be assigned to whatever flight mode you wish or to a seperate switch. there is the availability of setting up dual elevators without having to setup a seperate mix like you might in the 8103. There are also 2 point mixes as in the 8103 but there are 7points in the mix rather than 5. the radios we recevied came programmed for mode 1 but you can go into model setup and can select mode 1,2,3,or 4 as you need. You will have to move the throttle ratchet and the tension spring to the opposite gimbals, takes all of 5 minites. Uses the same TX module as the 8103 and 10x. i was hesitent at first to give up my 8103 but this radio really allows you to fine tune your setup.

zonk
Old 08-12-2004, 06:40 AM
Ben Diss

Zonk- I guess it depends on the polarization orientation of your glasses. I have to either tilt my head 90 degrees or take my sunglasses off.

On thing to add about Zonk's comments. All this is true for the AIRPLANE mode, but it isn't true for the SAILPLANE mode. The SAILPLANE mode is almost identicle to the 8103 GLIDER program.

-Ben
Old 08-12-2004, 09:26 AM
zonker123
My Feedback: (21)

Ben
I should have mentioned that I was using the functions in the ACRO settings. I have no idea what is offered with the GLIDER settings. I would not want someone to base thier purchase on my comments then realize thier particular need was not available. I have gone back and edited my post to mention just that. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

zonk
Old 08-12-2004, 09:56 AM
Spacey

Ben have you tried setting the "contrast" if you will of the screen? I'm not sure if it's the right wording but you can change it just like the 3810. You know the brightness or whatever of the LCD? I've owned my 9X for close to a year now and I must admit I'm VERY happy with the set. One or two things I would have liked to change in the programming but I've already learned to live around it. The servo speed functions that came in is pretty fun to mess with and the twin engine setup on it is awesome. The extra mixes and points in the mixes also come in handy.

Happy customer here!!!

Maybe if I one day get a Futaba for cheap here I'll change but for now I'm happy with JR.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:07 PM
tadawson

For what it is worth, ALL LCD displays are polarized - that is how they inherently work! The "liquid crystal" changes polarization with application of voltage, and that coupled with a polarized face glass, is what causes the display to appear. The only variable is the angle of polarization - not whether it is or not!

- Tim
Old 08-13-2004, 07:01 AM
Ben Diss

Spacey- I too am happy I bought it. I will upgrade to the US/Horizon version if they ever decided to come out with one. The contrast control works good.

-Ben
Old 08-18-2004, 08:24 PM
krayzc-RCU

did i tell u all this 9x is bad to bone!