Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

10X touch screen issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 07:21 PM
MHall
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10X touch screen issues

I just received a 10X that I purchased from another RCU member. I turned it on to find the screen a little hard to read so I tried to brighten the contrast only to have it go blank and will not come back up. Only half of the contrast controls are responding on the touch screen. It might have other issues too but I can't read the screen to find out. Any ideas??? Anybody else have troubles like this?? I hate to send it in already to get fixed if it is just something simple. []
Old 07-12-2004, 09:16 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 10X touch screen issues

Try pressing on the screen a little under 3/4" over from the lower right hand corner, and continue to press the key until the screen comes into view, then you should be able to see the + and - keys of the contrast adjust and set as needed. It should beep every time you press the key. If this doesn't solve the problem, it sounds like the system will need to come in for a check up.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:08 PM
MHall
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Danny,
I need to have you guys check it out and also replace a boken switch. How do I go about getting this done? What will it cost to have the touch screen issues fixed and replace a broken flight mode switch?? [8D]
Old 07-13-2004, 09:16 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of the switches cost around $7 plus labor. The screen depends on what is wrong with it. The touch screen is around $50, the LCD is also around $50, plus labor, but it is difficult to say what may be needed without seeing the system. The labor charge is $30 per hour broken into 15 minute increments. To send the system in, send it to the address below and include a detailed letter including your name, address, daytime contact number, and what needs to be done with the system.

Horizon Service Center
Attn: JR Service
4105 Fieldstone Rd
Champaign IL 61822

http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/medi...rchecklist.pdf