Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR Century 7 Single Stick

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 12:44 AM
budcop
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Century 7 Single Stick

I was visiting my favorite hobby shop yesterday and was talking with the owner about single stick radio's, when he showed me two that he had in stock "NEW" I about fell over! one was a JR Century 7, I love my 8103 so I bought the Century, when I got it home last night I noticed that the rudder knob turns (the whole thing) This is a very nice radio that I plan on putting in the Fokker Tri Plane I purchased also, I wrote a note to put in the package and placed the transmitter and receiver (527) in the original box , packed it up and will UPS it Monday, Will Horizon fix it or ????

Thanks, Bud Williams
Old 09-30-2002, 12:33 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A new century 7, wow! Parts for the single stick radios are few and far between. Depending on the severity of the problem, a tech may be able to repair it, but its also possible that it may need a part that we may not have. We can check it out and see what can be done though.
Old 09-30-2002, 03:30 PM
budcop

Default Horizon Is The Greatest ! ! !

The radio will be going out to you guy's today, I plan on putting in a 1/4 scale airplane and flying at meets in the district that I attend for AMA, and I will be ready to talk to those folks when they are "in ahhhhh" over my radio, it gives me an opportunity to let people know what a FANTASTIC service department Horizon has !! Thanks Again, Bud..... ( but hurry ! I have a meet to go to Oct 19th)
Old 10-03-2002, 01:52 PM
budcop

Default Question for Danny

Danny, I have to attend the Red Hawks fly in for district V reporting purposes and wanted to know if there is any way of getting the Tx back by then? It was received by Horizon on Oct 2nd. Thanks, Bud....
Old 10-04-2002, 07:09 PM
dsnyder

Bud,
We should be able to work something out here. I've forwarded your post on to the service center manager and he is checking in to your repair now, and we will see what can be done.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:19 PM
budcop

Default Horizon is #1

I now have my radio back and getting ready for the fly-in, You guy's at Horizon are FANTASTIC !! I would imagine it is easy for you guy's being how you have the most SUPERIOR equipment available !! Thank's .....Bud
Old 11-01-2002, 01:47 AM
budcop

Default Century 7 in it's new home

Hi Danny, here is a picture of the Century 7 and it's new home airplane, a 1/4 scale Waco HKS-7 with a Zenoah G-62 , It flys great! and of course no problems with the radio equipment. A similar picture (only clear and larger) with a plug for you guy's will be on my webpage in about two weeks, I will send you the link when its up. Thanks again Horizon! Bud Williams
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	33238_461.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	17880  
Old 11-01-2002, 02:17 PM
dsnyder

Looks pretty awesome! Thanks for the pics, and if you need anything else please let us know.
Old 11-07-2002, 12:55 PM
brickwoodward

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congratulations on your "new" century VII!!!!!!! i obtained a two stick model, brand new in the box, the only thing missing was the reciever.......got those off this rcuniverse.......and a little pitch here for JR.......been flying them since i got my first one in 1980.....still have it.....always wanted a century VII and now have one flying.......they are still top quality compared to any of todays radios!!!! and none of my flying buddies with the "other" radios can touch the JR service center!!!! LONG LIVE JR !!!!!!!! signed: a happy jr owner....
Old 11-15-2002, 02:51 PM
Nine Yards
My Feedback: (3)

Default slipping rudder knob

Plastic-plastic-plastic, like sending a boy to do a man's job.
I manufacture and aftermarket machined aluminum rudder pot thimbal. If you are tired of gluing and gobbing various adhesives on the stick give me a call.
[email protected] 435-781-0907
Thanks, Mike
Old 11-16-2002, 01:37 PM
Jemo
My Feedback: (5)

Plastic-plastic-plastic, like sending a boy to do a man's job.
I manufacture and aftermarket machined aluminum rudder pot thimbal. If you are tired of gluing and gobbing various adhesives on the stick give me a call.
[email protected] 435-781-0907
Thanks, Mike

You single stick guys should check this out. When I flew single stick, those knobs were a pain until I made one out of metal. Never had a problem after that.