Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

mixer offset for 8103..........

Old 07-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Roger Hill
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mixer offset for 8103..........

My 8103 manual, at least five years old, is about as clear as melted chocolate ice cream on what mixer offset actually does. "The purpose of the mixing offset is to redefine the neutral position of the slave channel. Any desired position may be set for the offset reference point". Guess I'm dumber than most, but what the hell does that mean? Could someone explain, using a rudder to elevator mixing example, what an offset value of 25% results in in terms of elevator movement? 0% also. Thanks, guys.

Roger Hill
Old 07-10-2006, 11:16 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: mixer offset for 8103..........

Many people get mixed up on offset and the purpose of it. If you go to a mix, and set up in your example a rudder to elevator mix, without any offset, center rudder stick is center in the mix, meaning that is the point where the mix will switch from the "high" value to the "low" value or vice versa. Now if you enter an offset in the mix with say 1/4 left rudder, 1/4 left rudder becomes the "new" center point for the mix, so now in the mix, 1/4 left rudder becomes the point where the mix will switch from the "high" value to the "low" value.

You can use this feature to change when a mix activates if so desired which can be helpful for various functions.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Roger Hill
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now I am truly confused. What do you mean by "high" and "low" values for mix? Thanks for your continued help,

Roger Hill
Old 07-11-2006, 09:08 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to a program mix, such as mix 3. In the mix (after you have selected the master and slave channels, which could be as simple as pressing the + key to turn the mix on) you will see 2 percentages to the right of where it says Rate:, one is the "high" value that I am speaking of, and the other is the "low". It would be best to open a clear model and set up a mix and experiment to learn. Also feel free to contact our product support department at 877-504-0233 for assistance also.