Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

10X aileron setup help

Old 07-21-2006, 12:07 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10X aileron setup help

Danny:

Setting up 10X ailerons, one servo in each wing. In 22, tail D/elev program has been set as this part of system completed first. Now trying to get ailerons set up correctly with throws for 3d. Am in flaperons, directions correct. Only get partial servo movement regardless of the differetial rate 0-100 that is imputed. Also, the dif-rate/direction will not turn with the + and - keys. Am looking for full throws first and then modify differential. Cant get there.

In wing type, page two, there is 9 selections starting with E-F and ending with STE. Where can I find a description of these functions in my 10 X manuel?

Frankly I am a program/computer idiot. Bought the 10X a year ago new as Fatuba was driving me nuts, and a buddy's 10X made some sense as to logic. Have had no problems with the radio in the past as my programming has been simple dual elevator and aileron, no attempt to master/slave any stuff. Somewhere on the web, I found "Dual-Elevagorf Setups" by Bob Pastorello which has been very helpfull as it is done for dummies like me. Are you aware of anything like that out there for ailerons? Your help has been most apreciated. Thanks
Old 07-24-2006, 09:09 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 10X aileron setup help

D/ELEV has nothing to do with flaperon, that is dual elevator. In code 22, activate flaperon, though I assume you have done this since you mention the differential. Plug the right aileron into channel 2 and the left in channel 6. Go to code 17 and inhibit the flap. Then set up the ailerons as needed.

Correct that the differential does not go negative. If the differential needs to be reversed in your model, swap channels that the servos are plugged into in the receiver.

You can find a programming guide here:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=JRP1646**
Old 07-24-2006, 01:08 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Thanks Danny, got it.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:09 PM
fun_fly_3D
My Feedback: (1)

Danny,

I cannot get my dual elevators to work. I have them plugged into the proper channels, but only the right side works. I turned on the d/elev mix and when I move the stick I get nothing. It says in the manual that the next step is to check for proper direction. I get no movement in the left half. what am I doing wrong? I tried to set the travel adjust as well. Help please. We are trying to fly Rich's 260 on Tuesday, and I would like to be able to use my own radio.

Thanks a bunch!!

Brian
Old 02-25-2007, 11:25 PM
Imac Kiwi

go to code 17 an inhibit Aux3.

How many channels is your RX?
Old 02-26-2007, 10:29 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure you have the second elevator servo plugged into aux 3 if using the dual elevator function also.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:46 PM
fun_fly_3D

danny,

I checked and triple checked that it was plugged into aux 3. Kiwi, I will try that. That is probably the problem.

Brian
Old 02-26-2007, 05:03 PM
fun_fly_3D

Hey kiwi,

i tried what you suggested and it worked!! i spent 2 darn hours trying to figure it out only to find it was something as simple as that. just goes to show ya that when you try to make a simple task difficult, it becomes difficult. I knew I was doing something wrong as the 10x is so easy to progeam that it is not even funny1

Thanks for all the help!

Brian