Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

That was a lot of reading!

Old 01-24-2003, 04:33 PM
bipeman_red

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That was a lot of reading!

Hi Danny;

I didn`t know till this morning that this forum even existed, but I`m sure glad that Steve L. sent me in this direction.

I have an F-400 transmitter that I bought under the "advisement" that I could use it as a buddy box with my XP 642,which turned out to be a bit false(since I was making use of some of the "computer"functions that the 642 can do)

Anyway, When I purchased the F-400 it came with no crystal and no receiver. The question: Since I don`t have any idea what the original freq. was (other than the fact that the crystal port says 72 Mghz around the hole), I`m assuming that I`ll have to send in the trans. and which ever receiver I choose to go to.In for "Fine Tuning"

Is there more difficulty and/or expense in going to one of
the "Ham Band" freqs ?? Assuming here, that I can pass the "Tech" licensing proceedure.

All the help,Helps ................Thanks......bipeman_red
Old 01-24-2003, 09:49 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default That was a lot of reading!

Yes, you would need to send in the TX for tuning per FCC law, but the receiver you can purchase on the frequency of your choice and not have to send in the receiver for tuning. Yes, there would be more expense going to ham band, the transmitter would need a new RF deck which would increase cost.