Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

*JR 7202 Questions*

Old 12-16-2006, 12:42 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default *JR 7202 Questions*

I'm looking at buying the JR 7202 and wanted to know if Hitec is compatable with JR. Will my Hitec servo connectors plug into the JR reciever or will I need to trim the connectors to make them fit? I'm using the Hitec Supreme SS HFD-08RD shift selectable FM recievers with a crystal, will these recievers work with the JR 7202 TX that uses no crystal or will I need to have PCM recievers only? And last but not least, whats with the screens going blank??? Has this problem been fixed or is it going to become a dead issue since there seems to be no problems with the TX other than the screen going out?
Old 12-18-2006, 09:55 AM
dsnyder

Default RE: *JR 7202 Questions*

Hitec receivers are only compatible if they are positive shift (made for JR). Servos should work, you would only need to modify the connector if it is Futaba 'J' style that has a tab on one side, if so, you would need to shave off the tab, and possibly bevel the corners on the opposite side of the plug. The 7202 is capable of PPM (FM), ZPCM, and SPCM modulation types. There have only been a couple claims of screen problems, there has not been any wide spread issues with the 7202.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:50 PM
Ken6PPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 7202, and I had the screen go blank several times. However, it really didn't present any real problem, and I never noticed it at all until my plane was back on terra firma. Switching the tx off and back on brings the screen back. Still, it concerns me a little.

I haven't been flying all that much since it has gotten cooler here in Ohio. I did get out a few times though, and it is interesting to note that I haven't had a blank screen since it has gotten cooler. Perhaps it is just because I am not flying as much, perhaps it is just coincidental, or perhaps it is temperature-related? I don't have a clue.

The DX7 is nice, but I feel more comfortable with the more proven technology on the 7202 right now. I'll think more seriously about SS for my NEXT radio! It is really nice to be able to tune to an unused frequency, when I find someone already using the one I had planned to use.

I recommend the 7202. I have been VERY happy with mine, despite the slight worry when I looked down at a blank screen. It hasn't caused me to loose a plane or anything..... or has it? Perhaps THAT was the reason my wing snapped off! Yeah - THAT'S IT!

Old 12-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Zippi

dsnyder,

Or you saying that I can use my Hitec FM reciever on the 7202 since it is a selectable shift? so I could use the 7202 TX on my Hitec FM reciever and the JR PCM reciever? Man, that would be great.

Ken6PPC,

I'm like you, I think I'll wait on the DX7 and let it get a little more debugged. I really like the feel of the 7202.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:28 PM
Ken6PPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as the "feel" of the 7202, I like it too. However, if you like the way the 7202 feels, you would really like the DX7 too. Other than the writing on the case, and the shorter antenna, the DX7 is the spittin' image of the 7202.

They both feel identical to me. In fact, I think the DX7 is probably made with the 7202 case!
Old 12-19-2006, 09:45 AM
dsnyder

We don't recommend crossing brands like that, however if the receiver is or can be made to operate on positive shift it should work, but be sure to range test thoroughly.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:02 PM
Zippi

Thanks for the info guys.
Old 12-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

Danny,
Is the screen going blank issue fixed now with the 7202? I have been flying my 6102 with both JR and Hitec recievers, and have never had any problems whatsoever, but wwant to upgrade to 7ch's. Will the 7202 work as well with the Hitecs as the 6102 does? I have 7 recievers allready.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:27 AM
dsnyder

There isn't an issue with the screens. There have been a couple reports of issues, but no wide spread issues. The 7202 is compatible w/ JR compatible equipment and is capable of PPM (FM), ZPCM, and SPCM modulation types.