Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR-Spektrum

Old 02-24-2007, 09:56 AM
pcm
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR-Spektrum

Is JR and Spektrum one in the same? Reason I am asking is I ordered JR servo 821. Even in the picture it shows JR brand on the servo. When I got them they say nothing abt JR only Spektrum.

Old 02-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Mac_Man_UK

Default RE: JR-Spektrum

Its a rebadge job thats all.

JR do NOT manufacture ANY 2.4 GHz kit whatsoever, BUT they manufacture the transmitter electronics (less the Spektrum Module & Receivers), servos and ship to Horizon, There they get the Spektrum board fitted, the receiver poppe into the box etc and then shipped out inder the Spektrum Brand.

That is the ONLY involvement that JR has.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Conrod

Hi
Do you know if JR will be making their own 2.4 GHz system, as looking at all the talk, it seems to be the future of radio.

Geoff
Old 02-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Mac_Man_UK

From my understanding, JR will not for the time being be entering the 2.4 GHz game. Various reasons for this but suffice to say they will when it is feasible.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:00 PM
pcm
My Feedback: (13)

JR. Often imitated, never duplicated.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:08 AM
Futurase
My Feedback: (10)

MacMan,
You are a JR man and know that the new 12X shown (albeit only in prototype form) was a new A-PCM modulation being on the 72,50 and etc. bands. I am sure JR has put a lot of time into developing that technology like Futaba has the 2048 system in the MZ radios.

Neither company is goign to be able to get much return on their R&D costs. Sorry to say, but Spektrum and the 2.4ghz craze though a monkey wrench in the owrks for them. Futaba is rushing to go 2.4 right now too. They showed their version of the DX6 basically. It is all now who can bring out the first well thought out high end 2.4ghz system.

If JR markets the 12X later this year or whenever they get to market with a PCM setup it is DEAD. They will not sell any. I know the idea about canning the new A-PCM is horrifying to them right as you get to markey where you begin to make the real money back for the R&D costs, but...

I am a 15 year JR flyer and I have a 10X and have since it came out. I have a DX7 and want a new high end JR radio on 2.4ghz. If JR is taking the approach that maybe this 2.4 craze will pass they are wrong. It is here to stay. The DX6 and DX7 have proven that. If JR waits like 2+ years to start R&D on a 2.4 system they will KILL their sales. I guarantee you their sales have been way down lately since the DX7 came out anyway!!!! The Dx7 has set sales records since its debut. That is straight out of Horizons mouth. It is the best selling radio they have. No other new radio has EVER sold as many in its opening months on the market.

If JR was smart that could work out a deal to let Spektrum supply them with modules they could incorporate in a new radio to make for a killer setup. If JR can supply them with radios then Spektrum can JR with modules. JR has some leverage in this deal I promise. I mean let Spektrum make a radio by themselves to drop a module in and make servos too. Not hardlly.

What do you think???

Norman Ross Jr.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:09 AM
Mac_Man_UK

I know exactly what you mean, and I believe that discussions are in place.......