Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

DS821 vibration?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 10:55 PM
RVM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS821 vibration?

I am looking to replace some DS811s that I have on a .60 size 3d plane. The gears on the 811s don't last more than 10 flights before they develop a lot of slop due to vibration. Will the 821s hold up better to the vibration? I have already rebuilt the gears on the 811s twice in about 30 flights, if that.

Thanks!
Old 05-02-2007, 09:56 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: DS821 vibration?

The gears are a different material and are made to be more tolerant of shock loads. The 811 servo output shaft is not as well supported as the 821 servo, my guess is the play that you are seeing in the 811's is a result of that, and not gear wear.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:02 AM
RVM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DS821 vibration?

Well, when they were new, and immediately after rebuilding them, they had virtually 0 slop.

The 821 I have on the rudder is fine, no slop, but it is also a pull pull which transmits a lot less of the vibration to the servo.

ORIGINAL: dsnyder

The gears are a different material and are made to be more tolerant of shock loads. The 811 servo output shaft is not as well supported as the 821 servo, my guess is the play that you are seeing in the 811's is a result of that, and not gear wear.