Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Gears for DS821 Digital Sport Hi-Torque Servo

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 10:09 AM
AnyMouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gears for DS821 Digital Sport Hi-Torque Servo

Is it possible to purchase a metal final drive gear or a complete gear set which will fit the DS821 Digital Sport Hi-Torque Servo[JRPS821]? I have eight of these servos and would very much like to have a metal final drive gear in them. If the gears exist, I will gladly purchase them. I am not criticizing the composite gears they now have. I just don't trust them enough to use them in a situation where the torque they can produce is utilized and hate to waste such a servo in a smaller size model. A metal final drive gear would increase my confidence in these servos tremendously. Thank you.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:22 AM
arobatx

Default RE: Gears for DS821 Digital Sport Hi-Torque Servo

If I may, I would like to add to this question.... If I remember correctly, didn't the 821 replace the 811? ...and if so, will the JRPSG8101 nylon gearset swap in? Heck, this set even converts the 8411 to the sa model. A metal set for the 821 would be even better. I'm sure for support reasons, this may be unjustified, but a cross reference for gearsets among JR servos would be cool.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:49 AM
AnyMouse

A cross reference between JR Servo gear sets and which cases they will fit would be greatly appreciated. I realize JR could not guarantee the servos after modification, but let that be the responsibility of the purchaser who wishes to modify them.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:46 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, there are no other gear sets for the 821 servo. The 811 gear set will not work in the 821.