Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

X9303 setup help

Old 09-09-2007, 05:36 PM
btomlinson
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X9303 setup help

Hi everyone, I'm having some difficulty in setting my X9303 . The airframe is a 40% Carden 330 with 8611a & 8711 servos

I'm having trouble setting up multiple wing and stab servos. when I get them working correctly I cant seem to make the trim also work. My plan was to use the Flaperon setup for the ailerons, use those two servos as the right and left panel master. I would the slave the two other servos to each other servo.. is this the correct way ? I thought I was close but then I cant figure out how to disable the flap switch I would appreciate any recommendations on how to set this radio up.. I'm coming from a 14MZ and things are way different
Old 09-09-2007, 07:40 PM
btomlinson

Default RE: X9303 setup help

Update :

I'm a little over 6 hours into the setup of this radio and things aren't looking good... I hope Danny the Guru can help. From what i can tell four aileron servos cant be setup on this radio.I haven't even started on the elevators. I have 2 8611a's per half. I'm already thinking about scaling back to one per side due to the programing inadequacies. Don't get me wrong..im not bashing JR but so far this isn't turning out to be high end radio everyone claims..
I just hope my solution isnt a crate of Matchboxes..

So whens the 12x coming out ?
Old 09-09-2007, 07:53 PM
mustfly
My Feedback: (21)

try to read the book, make sure you have your charger with you, i had one too, what you need do is find someone who has the same radio. it is a very easy radio . if you belong to a club ask if one of ur club members have one in this hobbie its called pride, you just need to find someone who has that radio . in this hobbie we try to help each other..if u have any questions let me know and i will give u my phone #
Old 09-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Wlouigene
My Feedback: (66)

I hope this will work for you, to disable any function on your radio you need to go in the device menu

Ailerons and Wing Type

Next, go in SYSTEM MENU, Jog down to DeviceSEL and make sure all switches and channels are set to INH.
Return to the main SYSTEM Menu and select Wing TYPE. Set the wing type to "flaperon". This will automatically mix the Aileron channel and Flap (Aux. 1) channel. Plug the right Aileron into the Aileron channel (Ch2) and plug the left Aileron servo into the FLAP or AUX1 channel (Ch6) of the RX The radio will now refer to these channels as LAI and RAI. This allows us to adjust the centering (sub trim), direction, and travel endpoints of each aileron separately. Once we have set up the wing type, it's time to hook up the aileron servo linkages and set up the directions, centering and travel.

Elevators
Plug one side of the elevator into the ELEV channel and the other side into the AUX. 3 channel. Go into the System menu and choose Wing TYPE. Jog over to the Mate line under ELEV and push the roller button. A box will appear with 4 choices: GEAR, AUX2, FLAP & AUX3, choose AUX3. You have just mated the AUX3 channel with the Elevator channel; the radio will now refer to these channels as REL (right elev.) and LEL
Old 09-09-2007, 08:11 PM
btomlinson

ORIGINAL: Wlouigene

I hope this will work for you, to disable any function on your radio you need to go in the device menu

Ailerons and Wing Type

Next, go in SYSTEM MENU, Jog down to DeviceSEL and make sure all switches and channels are set to INH.
Return to the main SYSTEM Menu and select Wing TYPE. Set the wing type to "flaperon". This will automatically mix the Aileron channel and Flap (Aux. 1) channel. Plug the right Aileron into the Aileron channel (Ch2) and plug the left Aileron servo into the FLAP or AUX1 channel (Ch6) of the RX The radio will now refer to these channels as LAI and RAI. This allows us to adjust the centering (sub trim), direction, and travel endpoints of each aileron separately. Once we have set up the wing type, it's time to hook up the aileron servo linkages and set up the directions, centering and travel.

Ive done this about 25 times... LOL How would I make the other aileron servos work ? P-Mixes will not enable the trim..

Plug one side of the elevator into the ELEV channel and the other side into the AUX. 3 channel. Go into the System menu and choose Wing TYPE. Jog over to the Mate line under ELEV and push the roller button. A box will appear with 4 choices: GEAR, AUX2, FLAP & AUX3, choose AUX3. You have just mated the AUX3 channel with the Elevator channel; the radio will now refer to these channels as REL (right elev.) and LEL
Old 09-10-2007, 08:42 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 9303 is capable of 2 servos max for the aileron, and should use the flaperon or dual aileron functions to set it up. If you need more than 2 servos, I'd suggest a matchbox or 2.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:49 AM
btomlinson

Danny, why couldn't you use the flaperon and a p mix per wing panel for the additional servo ?

Thank you for your help
Old 09-11-2007, 08:24 AM
dsnyder

There are no include type mixes available, so the trims would not function on the slave channel nor would other mixes to aileron function on the slave.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:07 AM
btomlinson

so basically this is a sport class radio in a pro class shell....[:'(]

I cant believe that these very basic features are not available... i guess I took marketing's bait..
Old 09-11-2007, 10:10 AM
btomlinson

Thanks for everyone taking the time to reply. I had to shell out 250.00 for matchboxes yesterday... I should have just kept my 14mz
Old 09-12-2007, 08:30 AM
dsnyder

No, the X9303 is a mid level system, between the high end systems and sport level systems. I personnally am flying with nothing but the X9303 currently including my 40% scale aircraft however due to the great features of this system.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:11 PM
btomlinson

I agree.. I was expecting a little more flexability..Guess it wouldn't make much sense to make this radio as powerful as the 10x and 1/2 the cost. After digging with the programming more im very excited about trying things out this week. Im very excited about the 2.4 part and gathering some data on my receiver instillation

So Danny, Can I PM you my debit card # to get on the 12X list ? (JK)
Old 09-13-2007, 10:14 AM
dsnyder

Afraid not. [8D]
Old 08-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Zorba1

Danny since we are on the subject of the 9303 I have a question.
The 9303 I have is the heli version.
I want to use it in a plane. The stunt1-2-3 switch is on the upper left of the radio.
I want to use this switch to control the Aux 1 or Aux 2 channels.
Is this possible and how do I do it?

Thanks
Bill
Old 08-06-2010, 07:28 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

ORIGINAL: Zorba1

Danny since we are on the subject of the 9303 I have a question.
The 9303 I have is the heli version.
I want to use it in a plane. The stunt1-2-3 switch is on the upper left of the radio.
I want to use this switch to control the Aux 1 or Aux 2 channels.
Is this possible and how do I do it?

Thanks
Bill
Go to the DEV SEL menu
Highlight FLAP or AUX2 and select FLAP SW

Old 09-01-2010, 05:28 AM
oldtimer4759

hi, need some help. I have a 9x 2.4 radio, plus the 9 channel receiver, I have just bought a new model, an ESM P-47, I want to set it up with 2 aileron servos, 2 elevator servos, 2 flap servos, plus retracts, rudder and engine, so far I am not having much luck using the mate system, any suggestions, I am sure it can be done, I have already tried it with a similar set up on another model and ended up using a Y lead on the elevators to get it going.
cheers, Oldtimer.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:15 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Can you mate flaps? Mating the elevators and ailerons should be easy, then mix the flaps with a PMix. No need for trimming them so the mixing wont cause you problems once they are all set up.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:15 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Oldtimer,

Before you mate channels, you have to make them available by inhibiting their outputs in the DeviceSEL menu. Also to do what you want, you are just up to the limit of the channels that are available for mating. Starting off with a clean model memory, go to the DeviceSEL and inhibit the outputs of GEAR, AUX2, and AUX3. AUX4 on my 9303 will not mate, so it will be used as the retract channel. Set its input to the GEAR SW.

In the Wing TYPE menu, leave the wing type as NORMAL. Now you can mate whichever channels you wish to the aileron, flap, and elevator. I would recommend you mate the FLAP to AUX3. This gives you the option of activating the Trim under the FLAP column in this menu. If you do activate it, you can use the AUX TRIM switch on front of the transmitter to trim out your flaps in an aileron fashion. You won’t have to use the Sub. Trim menu to do this.

Allan

Old 09-02-2010, 06:59 AM
oldtimer4759

Hi, thanks for the suggestions, all the bits now move the way I had hoped. 2 elevator servos, 2 aileron servos and 2 flap servos. all on the mate system.
cheers Oldtimer