Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Powerbox Needed?

Old 10-05-2007, 03:32 AM
wavy777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerbox Needed?

Hi Danny,
I am about to complete my 88" Yak, which has all 5955 Hitecs. I am getting horribly confused as to whether i need a supplementary system to prevent alot of amps going through the receiver (10DS). The airframe will be subject to hard 3d. Will I also need lipo's instead of Nimh's ?

Thanks

Wavy
Old 10-05-2007, 08:33 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Powerbox Needed?

No powerbox is needed or recommended. You must simply use an appropriate battery for the model. Lithiums can be used with a regulator, or for that type of model use a 5 cell nicd or nimh.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:01 PM
sass25479
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm converting my 86" Yak from an 8103 to the X9303. I'm using 5 8611a's with a Fromeco Regulator and a single Fromeco 2400 ma Lion battery. Will this be enough battery to prevent a low voltage situation or should I use another battery.

Also, so I don't have to keep asking this question for every plane that I'm converting, how does one determine the correct size battery?

Can you use a QQ 102" with 8 8611a's as an example?

Thanks Danny.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:10 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've run similar set ups with great results. Just watch the voltage between flights. You need to size the battery based on the number of servos and type of servos that you intend to run. There isn't a fixed equation or anything like that for sizing batteries.

Please begin a new thread if you have a question.